• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: HK MK23

Sure would, just name the time and place.

However I did test it out with ~16 players yesterday, and a few of them commented on the sound (maybe 2 guys) alot of them didn't notice it in the trader menu or simply didn't care ( :/ ) but it sure helped us out a few times, when there were too many zombies left and my primary gun was already out of ammo.. the 9mm just doesnt cut it then - atleast not in close quarters

Upvote 0
Didn't think you could improve on something so well done but you did!
just some more things I noticed:
+The newer skin looks awesome
+So does the sound, although maybe make it a little lower
+I personally like the sideways recoil, but somewhere in between your first and second version would be great!
+it really fills a niche, as being a reliable alternative to the MP7 when you only have 3 blocks left (instead of a mechete or katana)

-that oval is still there!
-The hammer doesn't move when you fire, neither does the Berreta 92's but it's much more noticeable on the MK.23 because of how large it is, as well as the coloring.
-I like the reload time, but the slide release still feels a little slow. Maybe have the slide release more instantaneous (like on the berreta) and have more time on putting the new magazine in?

Again, great job, I'm just stating the improvements so than you can make a really awesome gun!

Upvote 0
Thank you!
The Oval has already been fixed
The Hammer will get animated as well as the sideway recoil
And I don't know if i can do much about the reload animation, as I already made it faster. So I'd probably have to change the whole animation. Actually the animation got shorter but we made it take as long as the old one. We could however play it as fast as the old one but then the reload time would be shorter.
Thank you all for the feedback!!
@Crono
The price was 450 in the old version.... But most people felt that 300 would be better. However it's too cheap so I guess 350 would be great.
Thanks for testing it with many players!!

Upvote 0
No problem :)

Seems like theres people on that server quite often now, so it's going to get alot of random testing.. I hope thats fine

However I have yet another request; have you concidered a flashlight?
I've simply added the code to the Deagle's, but it looks wrong as they dont actually have a flashlight visible in the weapon model nor the anim for turning it on

Upvote 0
You know what would make this unique? Well, compared to the 9mm and deagle.
A laserpointer.
Would also make akimbo much easier to aim with and iirc the m14 also has no "laser turn on"- animation and no one complained about that yet.

please no lasers. refer to M14 for spamtastic fail.

Nice! Is this a real one ? From what i heard the USP is quite accurate and reliable.
Btw the Acimbo Version will be released soon too.
Oh and it would be great if some of you guys would take some time to test the MK23 on a 6ppl serverwith me. Thx!

yup it is a real one hahaha. no way in hell would i spend $1,100 on a fake one haha.

Upvote 0
Where you get a 1100$ fake gun :D. You must be crazy to spend that for a fake. But actually you can't really differ airsoft guns from real ones. Thats why I asked. So would you recomend buying this gun? As I usually prefer 9mms due to their penetration power and large mags I'd probably buy a USP Tactical 9mm. However they lack on stopping power....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Where you get a 1100$ fake gun :D. You must be crazy to spend that. But actually you can't really differ airsoft guns from real ones. Thats why I asked. So would you recomend buying this gun? As I usually prefer 9mms due to their penetration power and large mags I'd probably buy a USP Tactical 9mm. However they lack on stopping power....

hm, yes id recommend it, but also no. most of its cost is because its a H&K, they get away with charging ppl up the arse. but at the same time, its very high quality, its lighter than my beretta 92! the action is smooth! the triggers really nice too. its a really good pistol. however, i like the way the beretta 92 feels in my hand. the USP has a nice grip too, but the beretta 92 fits in the hand so nicely. heres a pic of the beretta:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/kamikazekrieg/muhberetta1.jpg

anyways, USP is great, but there are other options for 45's that arent as pricey.

Upvote 0
please no lasers. refer to M14 for spamtastic fail.
Well, it'd fit more on a pistol that is not as strong and because akimbo.

The m14 pretty much failed because nothing about it, the large mag, the huge ammo pool, the crappy sights and the way it encourages running towards the enemy is sharpshooter-ish at all.
Also 6 headshots to kill a 6-player suicidal FP. I don't think the mk23 can pull that off. Nope, they always clobber me to death.
The laser alone, well, I don't even use it if I have an m14 because it lags behind anyway and because I have a pretty good idea where the center of the screen is by now.

But if the mk23 had a laser, you could make it cost 500 and I'd still buy it.
A quick reminder where the bullets go without iron sights that slow you down would be invaluable for run n gunning or especially if you have dual pistols or if you whip the gun out quickly to kill some crawlers.
You know, what the berserker does.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Allright folks I have finished the reload animation of the Dual MK23s today. That means there's not much left to do and you can expect a new Update soon. If you got anything to say concerning updates then say it now or if it is not on the list below:
-Sights Oval dot fixed
-Hammer now mooves
-Bullet pentration removed
-Fire animation more straight upwards
-I'll try to make another sound again

Thx!!

Upvote 0
Yup, much better than initial release. Toned down price and reload time makes it a formidable weapon now.

It's great that we don't need special map versions to play with it now.

Reload animation is faster, but still has this confusing look.

I don't like new sound, though. It sounds more like a compressed air than actual gunfire. That sound would be good if the gun had silencer.

You already mentioned that oval on the sights and hammer are getting fixed, so I'll wait for another release.

Also, I don't think that removing bullet penetration is really necessary.

Someone had an idea of a laser sight for it - well, that could actually work quite well, as this gun has no spamming potential similar to M14. In that case, the price should be higher, though.

Upvote 0