• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: HK MK23

One more thing: make the top-section snap forward faster. (what does it take to make it snap into place irl anyway? A trigger pull?)

The slide stop, it's the lever near the top of the trigger guard. In the animation, he inserts the new magazine, grips the gun with both hands, then his left thumb reaches up and hits the slide stop causing the slide to move forward, chambering the first round.

I believe it's purely a psychological thing that makes waiting for that darn top section to snap into place before finally being able to shoot again ... so prolong something else if you need the same reload time instead.

I see what you mean. The actor returns to a firing grip before dropping the slide. To make it look more smooth he could take longer dropping/inserting the mag then release the slide as he takes his grip. So there's less time between the gun going back on point and being able to shoot (with the same overall reload time). It would probably improve actual play, though I do really like how realistic it is currently. (Though to make it fully realistic there could be 4 seconds of struggling with the HK mag release before the empty mag drops free...)

Iron sights would make this thing perfect.

Upvote 0
Allright folks I reckon it's time for another update. So well here it is. Check out the first page for the Downlod.
The animations have been improoved
Trader Script is now actually working, so you can delete all mk23 maps..
Thx to YoYoBatty at this point
The funny sound is gone now.. I had a hard time making a mono sound actually sound good. So i mixed together 5 sounds of Gregs2k2 and The Sorrow. Well I think it sounds good now and I hope you guys like it:rolleyes:
+ Some other changes I forgot about

Have fun fellas and thanks for the feedback!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not liking how the gun hops to the right when shooting during the iron sights.
Make it go straight upwards like the other pistols so aiming and shooting during slow motion isn't that awkward.

That shooting sound is brutal.
It seems to lack some low frequencies and is all-high-pitch which, I guess, is what makes it so unpleasant.

It's still not affected by the sharpshooter perk.

The ironsights are still bleh.
Specifically how those 3 perfect rectangles align perfectly to form a single perfect rectangle.
It just looks so... artificial. 3d-editor-ish.
It is also hard to aim with that since the bullet seems to actually hit a tad above the center sight and on top of that, the already mentioned hopping to the right makes rapid fire guesstimation-shots if you use the sights.

The front sight also still has an oval instead of a circle on it.

Upvote 0
You're shure you replaced all files? Seems like something is missing.
@9_6
Actually it should be for the SS. But as ther is no whitelist and stuff well...
The Iron sights will get fixed quickly
Shooting anim in Ironsight will be more straight upwards
For the sound I have not enough feedback, as everyone who heard it here at my pc liked it. It doesn't seem that high to me but my speakers (Teufel Motiv 5) probably sound different.

Upvote 0
Actually it should be for the SS. But as ther is no whitelist and stuff well...
Well I use the insta-lv6 mutator and my reload speed as a commando is a ton faster than with a sharpshooter so I just guessed it doesn't work?

Also for something completely different: if I use the mk23 mut only, all ammo and armor prices become 0.
Only if I use it together with the lv6 mutator do they become normal.
The same has been the case with the previous version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice :D

However I actually liked the old firing sound better
Also, I second that the ironsight should probably be a bit more steady.. and I do use it sometimes.

But all in all this is by far the best mod weapon I've seen for KF yet (Besides my own i've only seen this one though;) and it went straight to one of my non-whitelisted servers if anyone wants to try it out or can't get it to work on their own somehow.

The server address is 216.67.245.194

Oh and a eventual dual version would be cool too :D

Another thing that i just noticed in-game, it looks like the pickup model doesnt have a texture.. its white/gray when I drop the gun. It's possible that i did something wrong when installing, however everything else works fine

Last edited:
Upvote 0
check out what i got, jack:

usp45dex.jpg

Upvote 0