• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: HK MK23

Okay, that thing sounds just pathetic.
You know you're in trouble if the 9mm has a more satisfying sound than your, stronger, gun.
Is that what a MK23 sounds like irl? What a wimp gun.
Also it looks a tad blocky.
You might wanna round the edges of that iron-sight-pin (or however it is called) off a bit and maybe make it a bit more narrow so it's less handcannon-y and more 9mm-ish.

That said, the reload animation looks and sounds really god.
Better than the pistols in kf so far.

I can't really say anything about its strength though.
I'd need to try it out on a 6 man hard game with perks to get an idea, neither of which seems possible all alone.
What I can say is that I was not able to drop a pound on normal solo with it. I guess that speaks for the gun.
Maybe that was due to my poor aim though.

What I'm interested in is, what was your motivation to put this into the game?
It's quite obviously a middle between deagle and 9mm but I don't think that is really necessary, if anything a step above the deagle would be to complete the 3 tiers.
Right now, even though its damage may be lower, it seems like it has all the advantages of the deagle and none of its disadvantages, thus kinda turning it into an upgrade for it.
Being able to 1-shot crawlers with a gun that has such a rather large mag and weighs next to nothing is a huuge benefit.

Maybe getting rid of the piercing shots would kinda balance this out a bit. This should be a handcannon-only thing.

Also good luck with this.
I do not wish for it to make it on some whitelist for some mutator people first have to download, I wish for it to be included into the game once its gone!
The feeling, except the pathetic shooting sound, is about on par with the rest of the weaponry so it would fit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for your feedback!
Well the sound really sounds pathetic. :rolleyes: It already has a new one and some things have been tweaked + the piercing will be remooved (good idea).
At the moment I just try to get wot greal working again, so that a new beta can be released soon.:(
Check out my machinepistol thread, I managed to add it to the trader with the use of a mutator and it works flawlessly, you might wana check out the code.

Thank you verry much YoYoBatty!! That means all tricky bugs have been fixed and its ready for release... if just wotgreal would work :mad:.....
You'll definitely get a big special thanks for that one ;)!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also it looks a tad blocky. You might wanna round the edges of that iron-sight-pin (or however it is called) off a bit and maybe make it a bit more narrow so it's less handcannon-y and more 9mm-ish.

The model is quite good. The MK23 is a really square tall gun, it's nearly as large as a DEagle IRL.

It's quite obviously a middle between deagle and 9mm but I don't think that is really necessary, if anything a step above the deagle would be to complete the 3 tiers.
Right now, even though its damage may be lower, it seems like it has all the advantages of the deagle and none of its disadvantages, thus kinda turning it into an upgrade for it.
Being able to 1-shot crawlers with a gun that has such a rather large mag and weighs next to nothing is a huuge benefit.

Yeah! This is why it's great. Something for people who don't want to use a DE, but with a bit more punch than the 9mm.

Upvote 0
Well the sound really sounds pathetic.

i think you got the silenced MK23 sound from RSV2 instead of the unsilenced MK23 sound?

You might wanna round the edges of that iron-sight-pin (or however it is called) off a bit and maybe make it a bit more narrow so it's less handcannon-y and more 9mm-ish.

something tells me youve never really looked at a USP45 or a MK23 for very long lol. its very blocky like a Glock.

Upvote 0
something tells me youve never really looked at a USP45 or a MK23 for very long lol. its very blocky like a Glock.
As a matter of fact, no I didn't.
However:
sight%5B1%5D.jpg

The rear sight look a bit rounded off on the outer edges to me.
They're rectangular blocks right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I tried it today, and I got to say. AMAZING!
There are a few things that I personally think could make it more balanced/attracting :)

1. The gun would look cooler if the hammer was cocked, and it looks quite funny when you shoot (problem is not that visible with the other pistols, because the hammer is cocked). I think someone here mentioned it before, can't remember it clearly (my bad).

2. The price should be lowered a bit, maybe 300-350

Upvote 0
Hey, Just looked at it again and there seems to be something off in the animation.
Specifically when the magazine gets its "slap", the weapon makes a huge leap forward while it probably should move to the right or a bit down.
On normal speed you won't notice but it looks weird with the increased reload speed of the commando.

Also the yellow circle is more of an oval on the front sight. Is that intentional?

Upvote 0
Wow thx for the helpfull feedback!!
@Badbloody
If you would tell me which arm and which part of it has atefacts, it would be much easier to find. Thx for the video!
@9_6
Ill change the animation as you said.
@Scavengerization
What do you mean by cocked, because it's actually cocked. You mean it would stay in forward positon? All the other things you mentioned have already been fixed.

Actuall we got all the trader script to work thanks YoYoBatty and so the new Beta with better Anims, new fire sound and balancing is ready for release. You can await it today ;).

Upvote 0
One more thing: make the top-section snap forward faster.
It takes like .3 seconds right now.
It has a bit of a "pulling that darn thing on the mp7 back so I can shoot again already"- effect and if you have to wait for it to happen when something chews on you, those 0.3 seconds can be an eternity.

I believe it's purely a psychological thing that makes waiting for that darn top section to snap into place before finally being able to shoot again especially annoying because it's just such a tiny thing that keeps you from shooting again (what does it take to make it snap into place irl anyway? A trigger pull?) so prolong something else if you need the same reload time instead.

Upvote 0