• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: HK MK23

Well, first of all, it's really nice to pop heads with something new. I loved Ballistic Weapons for UT2k4 and it would be great to see them all in KF :D

The model and animations are near professional level.

Now about balancing:

-It has already been said, but releasing the slider with left hand is little awkward (most shooters do it with the thumb of right hand while positioning the gun to fire), it also makes reloading time ridiculously long (longer than DE) and disorients the player who instinctually wants to shoot as soon as weapon is in the shooting position. It's the main drawback of the gun so far.

-Price is just too high - I think 300-350 is max, as the gun is far inferior in functionality to bullpup.

-Camera shake is a little too rough compared with DE

-Damage is quite ok and I understand that bullets have some kind of penetration, but I'd expect a middle gun with such a kickback to kill a crawler in one shot on hard (but not a stalker, though)

-The main advantage of MK23 is that it takes only 3 blocks of space, which would fill some load-out configurations, but apart from this, the way the gun is now, I would never choose to buy it over handcannon during non-leisure online match

So I see two ways of balancing it: either make reload time and price lower, or slightly increase the damage.

Of course, when it will be available as akimbo, it may need additional rebalancing.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the complements :p
We'll release a new version today or tomorrow including a reworked reload animation (takes 2.7 sec instead of 3), the price is a bit lower and new sounds. Thx to Grex2k2 for the sounds!!
@YoYoBatty
With Maya. Editing the joints frame by frame. First you fit them to the gun and then you can start animating by seting keyframes... This actually takes some time and some imagination.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Knuckle dusters?

From Doom? lol sounds nice...

Anyways, now that the MK23 is finished, all the hard work has been completed for TWI so they don't have to do squat except whitelist the gun. Everything for this gun is complete, can they just take 5 - 10 mins to upload/release it as an update and keep it whitelisted? (pardon if it takes a little longer than that)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First off I wanna say that it's increda-awesome that you made this gun, I really can't say I would be able to do this myself.

I installed this gun and played a few rounds with it and I really liked it, there were som small issues but again, take them with a grain of salt because I highly doubt I could make something this awesome

Gameplay tweaks:
-A bit to much camera shake (I think you said you fixed this)
-it kind of makes the Desert Eagle obsolete in a way, with a two shot kill it clears hall ways very well.
Actually, It seems like the medium in between the handcannon and the double handcannons, so disregard that [I'll keep it up so that you can still take it into consideration.]
-Maybe more sidways recoil? With it being directly up it makes it really easy for constant headshots.

Aesthetic tweaks: This are totally your call because your new weapon, your choices, but this it how I would change it:
-maybe change the skin to black? It seems like it would fit a lot better with the other pistols, but then it would look more like a USP, so maybe make a black skin for it?
-The front iron site seems kind of wide, It would be nice if you made it more round.(I think you also addressed this.)
-The gun shot sound is really muffled compared to the other pistols, add some more bass? (again, pretty sure you addressed this)

Again, really awesome skin and I'm Excited for the whitelisting of it!

Upvote 0
Thank you for posting your "Test Result" :)
The camera shake is already reduced
It's damage will get a bit tweaked so that the DE still has its value
Texture of lower receiver will get a bit darker
Crap sound :D will get replaced
Actually BETA 2 Version is already finished but still you can't buy it in the trader when joining a game. This seems tricky to fix so we will probably release a new beta tomorrow. But if anyone knows how to fix it, I would be glad.

Upvote 0