• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: HK MK23

odd that you guys keep referring to it as a "slider" (a small hamburger).

- yes i agree that the slide release animation needs to be a little quicker.

- the front side dot needs to be a dot, it looks squished

- the sound of it shooting needs more bass, it sounds very suppressed (maybe add a silencer to it?).

- the shake/recoil is fine, its a 45.

- the gun feels pretty balanced and is priced right.

- it would be cool if the nightsights worked like the glowsticks do on that one character in KF (the skeleton guy).

Upvote 0
Thank you guys!!
Things to get fixed very soon in Beta2:
1.) Slide release quicker and Bullet gets loaded into the chamber by slide
2.) The fire sound will get exchanged
3.) Green Dot at front Sight will get round and maybe add a glow
4.) Maybe a bit less Screenshake

95834.) Add XMV-850 :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very good quality. Only "problem" I see is slider "Moving Thingy that enables empty case ejection and thing that also makes KF gun animations look very sexy" but you already acknowledged that. Keep up the good work.

Now how about a XMV-850? hehe ;) Hey, one can dream right?

Corrected Wording ;)

You mean the XMV-850 Minigun? You shud port that also and while your at it please port the M75 Tactical Infantry Cannon Railgun (M75 TIC Railgun) it has the best fire sound, power, and awesomeness ever!

Upvote 0
The gun sounds a little weak compared to the visual impact it creates (i.e. it blows the legs off of most weak enemies and shakes the screen a lot) and i actually dont mind the loading animation, it is a little long but it's good to differ it from the original 9mm animation slightly.

also, if you do make more weapons (which is your choice entirely), i'd recommend doing a firebug weapon to make the class a little more fun to level up with if the weapon gets whitelisted, for example something like a flaregun in the style of timesplitters or molotovs to deal with crowds of enemies
if you do make automatic weapons, i'd vouch for a HK36c or even a SAW M249 to shred the specimens with (this would be harder due to a lack of default hand co-ordinations - there are no other guns in the game like it)
Since the medic also has very few unique weapons, some more light machine pistols like the MP5K or Skorpion would be epic
again it's your choice to carry on or not, but this game SERIOUSLY needs more weapons and skins

Upvote 0
The gun sounds a little weak compared to the visual impact it creates (i.e. it blows the legs off of most weak enemies and shakes the screen a lot) and i actually dont mind the loading animation, it is a little long but it's good to differ it from the original 9mm animation slightly.

also, if you do make more weapons (which is your choice entirely), i'd recommend doing a firebug weapon to make the class a little more fun to level up with if the weapon gets whitelisted, for example something like a flaregun in the style of timesplitters or molotovs to deal with crowds of enemies
if you do make automatic weapons, i'd vouch for a HK36c or even a SAW M249 to shred the specimens with (this would be harder due to a lack of default hand co-ordinations - there are no other guns in the game like it)
Since the medic also has very few unique weapons, some more light machine pistols like the MP5K or Skorpion would be epic
again it's your choice to carry on or not, but this game SERIOUSLY needs more weapons and skins

Well we have an Idea for the firebug... Actually something I once saw. A very Stron firecrakcer and round it 4 Camping propane Canisters. This gives quite a big flaming explsion.
Furthermore we will add a Barrett M99.

Upvote 0
yeah the gun sounds weak, like a 22. also, it really looks like a regular usp, not an mk23.
the reload could be a little, quicker, like placing his right thumb on the slide release as he inserts the magazine, that way the force of the mag being shoved in will have load the gun.
but the long reload is maybe good for balancing.
i think its the perfect in-between gun. cant wait for what else you guys are brewing up!

Upvote 0
haha minigun? railgun? propane tank launcher? we're delving into the improbable yet awesome here
however the game is pretty far fetched anyway with all this genetic engineering shizzle
so i say, why not? some of the research could have gone into making super powerful weapons if the specimens escaped
i mean, if you had the know how, wouldn't you make a 'home made' M75-TIC Railgun so that if that fleshpound just happens to escape out of his little tube in the next room, he'll meet a nasty surprise before he even opens the door
the balance of the game is going to take a beating though, unless you price the guns pretty high, which would make them accessible only on high difficulties or later rounds, which would improve the game for people who want more of a challenge and a bigger gun >: )
still, good ideas guys

Upvote 0
The Reload animation will be a bit shorter as I think it should take a bit longer then the m9.
Before we port any BW Weapons we will finish our own weapon as there are not legal problems and we really want to get our stuff working first.
Update to relaod:
The reload animation has been changed by letting the user reset the slide imediately but the reload time will probably stay the same or just a bit quicker. Every gun should have its downsides and upsides. The MK23 has a larger mag for its firepower but long reload.
The Handcannon just has 8 shots but a high damage.
The M9 scores with its 15 shots and quick reload time.
Oh and the size.. Actually it's as long as the desert eagle. The pistol is just a bit further away from the screen so thats why it might look too small. The m9 looks too small too but i actually has the right size.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just tried it... and its AWESOME. Much better than I expected. Looks nice, the animations seem good, and its pretty balanced already.

I was comparing it to 9mm and Handcannon, and like you said its just in beetween. 9mm mag is 15, hc 8, MK 12. Took four bodyshots on a clot with 9mm, one with hc and two with MK. 9mm and HC reload faster, but I think thats still pretty balanced, the weapon needs its drawbacks.

The only thing I think should be changed is the prize, tho. Because, 9mm is 150, HC is 500. MK is just beetween so it should be 350-400. Maybe 400 just because its around twice as powerful as the 9mm, even tho it has less ammo.

Well this might be your opinion and I'm shure there are people out there who actually like pistols. It's never bad having a large choice of weapons. And no offense but as long as we don't get payed for making weapons (No we do not intend to get payed lol) we make those weapons, we actually like and have fun with. We think it's good thing to let other people enjoy our work too.

I do like pistols, thats why Im all up for Gunslinger perk :)

Btw, if you can get these weapons of your fully implemented in the game, I wouldnt mind paying you some beer money lol, its very rare to see quality custom content like this, and I want to make sure they stay that way and keep coming. You should set up a donations button or something, Im sure theres more people who wants to see more of such quality weapons ;)

Just get this weapon in the game so it works in all maps without replacing any other weapons etc.

Upvote 0
Good Friends
I'm a server administrator of Korea KF4US
I'm wondering ...
Bulletin of the screen, is it?
It can move up or down there?
I beg you to answer ... PLZ
Another question ...
You're supposed to step 6 level?
I want to increase it ...
For example, the mean level of 7-8 ...
I do not get it to change it ... How to do that ?
Do me a favor ...
My friends tell me I want ...^^
If I release my curiosity, I'll be sure to thank your mind ...^^
Our server 59.18.248.52
[email protected]

please
dont
type
this.

Upvote 0
Good Friends
I'm a server administrator of Korea KF4US
I'm wondering ...
Bulletin of the screen, is it?
It can move up or down there?
I beg you to answer ... PLZ
Another question ...
You're supposed to step 6 level?
I want to increase it ...
For example, the mean level of 7-8 ...
I do not get it to change it ... How to do that ?
Do me a favor ...
My friends tell me I want ...^^
If I release my curiosity, I'll be sure to thank your mind ...^^
Our server 59.18.248.52
[email protected]

Wait, what the **** do you want?

Upvote 0
The Reload animation will be a bit shorter as I think it should take a bit longer then the m9.
Before we port any BW Weapons we will finish our own weapon as there are not legal problems and we really want to get our stuff working first.
Update to relaod:
The reload animation has been changed by letting the user reset the slide imediately but the reload time will probably stay the same or just a bit quicker. Every gun should have its downsides and upsides. The MK23 has a larger mag for its firepower but long reload.
The Handcannon just has 8 shots but a high damage.
The M9 scores with its 15 shots and quick reload time.
Oh and the size.. Actually it's as long as the desert eagle. The pistol is just a bit further away from the screen so thats why it might look too small. The m9 looks too small too but i actually has the right size.

well, if the size is correct (i cant really tell from my screen) maybe you should add the threaded muzzle, THEN it'll look like an MK23 and not a USP.

Upvote 0