• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: HK MK23

Well I think it's better to test it tomorrow anyways ;). As we were on a party and got up very late today :D.....
When the update gets released we'll announce the testing and then you tell me if you have time. But most likely 21:00 or 22:00 gmt will be fine.

Lol, sounds good. Just PM me whenever. If I can't make it I'll let you know.

Upvote 0
jack the latest version was outstanding! aside from what's already been said and you confirmed you'd be working on, i think the gunfire sounds maybe just a bit to low pitched.....but i like it alot more than the previous versions and will probably just get used to it anyway.

i really hope this weapon gets put into the game because all the work you put into it and the quality of the work is grade A! :)

Upvote 0
Thanks man!
We have a problem with the dual mk23 atm. The script which won't let you buy a single MK if you already have dualies seems to be in the KF base code. We just don't find a way on how to solve this problem....
It would be outstanding if anyone here knew how to fix this.
But now to the good news: We fixed that big muzzle flash. So i guess we will just release this thing without the trader fix for now and make a testing session with 6 players to see if the balancing is right.
I hope you guys are ok with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks man!
We have a problem with the dual mk23 atm. The script which won't let you buy a single MK if you already have dualies seems to be in the KF base code. We just don't find a way on how to solve this problem....
It would be outstanding if anyone here knew how to fix this.
But now to the good news: We fixed that big muzzle flash. So i guess we will just release this thing without the trader fix for now and make a testing session with 6 players to see if the balancing is right.
I hope you guys are ok with that.

Are you sub-classing Single or Deagle?

Upvote 0
Actually we use the desert eagle base script for the MK23, however we forgot to add somethin.
But YoYoBatty added it for us already. Still he had problems with solving the problem with the trader... You still can buy 2 MKs and a single one...
As I went offline while he was working on it, I don't know if he has already fixed it or not but we'll see as soon as he's online ;).
However he has fixed all the other bugs and things look good so far.

Upvote 0
I've tried this and I think it would fit perfectly into KF.
I do think, however, that it should be above the Desert Eagle. It has less power but a larger capacity and better sights, so I think it would be best for it to be a step ahead of the DE, slightly more expensive, but carry a lot more ammo (not capacity, just more total) to compensate.

As for the people saying we need SMGs and MGs, I think we should have a full line of SMGs for the medic class, and a new perk for LMGs and MMGs, just because I really want an FN MAG M240G or M240B.

Upvote 0
Lol, MGs in KF would be ridiculous. :p

The MK23 would be perfect though.

It could be balanced right.
Think of an M240; a balanced version could be a weight of ~10, mag of ~85, 2 extra mags max, very slow reloading, very slow movement like with the chainsaw with it out, very high firing rate with bullpup-like accuracy, hard to aim with iron sights, high recoil and muzzle flash (enough that you cant fire the whole mag into an FPs face), and very low headshot multipliers.

Then it would be used for what its meant for: short bursts at bosses or a crowd to weaken them for the team.

Upvote 0