• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: Barrett M99

ITS WORKING!!! ITS WOORKIIIING!!!!

Ahem... Anyhow! Here is some feedback that i promised in the MK23 thread

The weapons right now feel.. A tad OP (could be the fact that i played normal, or the fact that i dropped Patty on two shots with the M99... hmmm..)

MK23

Looks: Marvelous. Splendid work fellas. Could use some working on the ironsight though as it was slightly out of line
Sounds: A little too much "poof" and too little "kaboom". Otherwise, quite nice.
Price: Could use a slight increase to 500 un-perked. I mean it does deal a whole lot of damage.
Damage: I dont really know what to say here.. Feels a tad weak when compared to the HC (which it should ofc) and not too overly strong compared to the 9mm.. And i had a lot better accuracy with the 9mm so it makes up for it.

Overall a very nice job but smaller stuff to work on. 8/10

M99:

What i have wanted for a long time. A viable Huge Mob crusher.. FINALLY!!

Looks: The weapon doesnt really look good to begin with, but you have done a really nice job on it. The bipod is a little annoying at times but nothing that cant be overcome in the heat of battle.
Sound: Just fired two rounds (At patty) so i didnt really get a lot to say about that.
Price: seems about right. Comparable to the law, although i do think the LAW is slightly weaker.
Damage: Dont really know what to say here.. But considering i downed patty a lil too soon... I shall try this on hard.

Through and through a show of great skill and determination. 7/10

M7A3 Medic Gun:

The one i got to play most with, and the one that i really liked, yet dissliked.

Looks: AWESOME! Nothing to complain about here
Sound: Sounds like a really big gun.. A little too big for it, but i guess its fine, i mean its Killing Floor after all.. We want mean sounds!
Price: A little low dont ya think? 10

Upvote 0
The M7a3 has the same damage as the Scar but maybe we'll lower it a bit. However I never noticed that "tunnel vision" effect. The zoom factor can be changed however.
On Normal you can kill a Scrake with a Bullpup so it's not really good for balancing.
I was looking at the damage of the M7A3 too, but since it lacks to speedy fire rate and perk bonuses of the scar, i think its balanced just fine - any weaker and its a repeat of the SMG we have now, with a low fire rate :p I have noticed the zoom effect mentioned myself, now that someone else mentioned it, i remember seeing that. Do scrakes gain increased HP with each player like the FP and Patty? if not, then they aren't much of a threat until suicidal - i usually play hard, and a bullpup can kill them if you aren't stupid about it.

Upvote 0
Thx for the review :)!
The M99s Model got reworked and looks better now. Now it looks like the M99 and actually you have to like our M99:p If everything fails it will just be a different Xbow balancing wise.

The M7a3 has the same damage as the Scar but maybe we'll lower it a bit. However I never noticed that "tunnel vision" effect. The zoom factor can be changed however.
On Normal you can kill a Scrake with a Bullpup so it's not really good for balancing.
I have a few other notes here.

Oh and disregard the zoom tunnel, i got it on the 9mm as well.

Also, this is just a personal preference, but the M99 looks a little too shiny inside the chamber as well as in general.. No chance to make it look weathered just for the looks of it? :p

And the M99 is epic. Looking a little wierd when firing from the hip with the extreme jolt, but still epic :)

And where can that "new" M99 model be found? :D

And on the M7A3 issue, im just guessing, but its supposed to be 1000

Upvote 0
from what i understand, the M7A3 is, when finalized, supposed to be like, crazy expensive, so that the massive price dock the medic gets will still leave it expensive (as it should be, something like 1000 when perked)

Well, the MP7 costs 150 or so, from a unperked cost of 3000, so, with the M7A3 costing 15000 unperked, it should cost something like 750 perked, which is similar to most other perks' tier 3 weapons :)

Upvote 0
Jack that has really come a long way and is really looking spectacular! well done, I am looking forward to a final version.
Thank you:)!
Imo the biggest problem of the M99 now is it's balancing. And if this turns out to be almost impossible then we'll just make it as an alternative for the Crossbow. Maybe it then has a bit more base damage and penetration but headshot values will probably stay the same. This way it should make it into the whitelist.
I think it even would be nice if you have to choose between the Crossbow and the M99.
If the M99 has a bit more base damage then this will be compensated by fewer and more expensive ammo. (but not dramatically)

Upvote 0
Thank you:)!
Imo the biggest problem of the M99 now is it's balancing. And if this turns out to be almost impossible then we'll just make it as an alternative for the Crossbow. Maybe it then has a bit more base damage and penetration but headshot values will probably stay the same. This way it should make it into the whitelist.
I think it even would be nice if you have to choose between the Crossbow and the M99.
If the M99 has a bit more base damage then this will be compensated by fewer and more expensive ammo. (but not dramatically)

Even if it becomes a crossbow copy i would gladly choose this over that xD M99 ftw!

Upvote 0
I think that its drastic price is enough, and its weight. It takes a team to make it work on any level higher than normal.

Just like you're saying. This will more or less be the LAW of the sharpshooter and once again make it a viable choice, since as of now sharshooters are seriously weaksauce if they choose to not use the crossbow, and that one is really just usefull agaist larger creatures. And even then it is still quite puny.

Upvote 0
. This will more or less be the LAW of the sharpshooter.

Sorry, I couldn't help posting....as that was exactly the term I used in my very first (very newby-ish) post in sidenote asking for a sniper (I know, right? :p). For some reason that just occured to me and cracked me up..probably a sign I need to go to bed xD

Reactions: halbridious
Upvote 0