• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New variant zed

Barot8

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
It's something that would be pretty easy to impliment. A Husk variant that fires projectiles like one of the machine gun, assault rifle, or rifle weapons. It's sort of a smaller version of the Pat except without the explosive attacks or cloaking. The idea would be even more ranged attacks. I know people hate Edars but when playing endless and getting a Husk wave, I find it highly entertaining (and difficult).

Well, you kinda answered for yourself there : people are already against EDARs, so having even more ranged zeds would bring a riot.

I believe the inclusion of the husk in the first game was actually a good idea. It helps to prevent camping or kiting forever. The EDARs, while annoying, actually brought forward new challenges and opportunities. Yes they can hurt you plenty and are hard to kill... but they can also deal serious damages to other zeds. Their EMP explosion can also be mad helpful.

But machine gunners? Rifles? I think it would be overpowered... I mean, at least with the husks and EDARs, you can strafe to avoid getting hit. Here, you'd just have to take cover...Which would be impossible due to the amount of zeds.

It's okay for a boss like the Patriarch to be such a powerhouse. But not a regular zed IMO

Upvote 0
Well, again : you pinpoint the problem. It would either be far too weak to even be more than a nuisance...or it would be way too strong to a frustrating degree.

Balancing a machine gun is just a programer's nightmare. How can you make it fair and satisfying? Of course, gamers like (or should) being challenged, but it should always feel rewarding and fair.

Upvote 0
Damage set by difficultly so for normal it would be very minor damage, just enough to annoy you and maybe kill players who are at super low hp. Like 1/4th an Mp7's damage. On HOE it could be brutal, closer to a Scar's damage. Maybe a faster fire rate.
Maybe the Zed could carry a short range sub machine gun? So it can't use it from far away and it needs to get to the Husk's flamethrower range to start firing it's gun.
  1. When the smg zed gets close enough to fire it's gun.
  2. First it starts cocking the guns bolt. Makes a loud "Ka-ching sound!"
  3. Then it aims at you for a second and fires a small burst.
  4. It repeats the burst 3 times, firing every 1,5 seconds. After that it repeats the reloading process(2).
  5. The bullets deal something like 5-8 damage.
  6. The Zed gunner would be a Trash tier Zed. Basically a clot with a sub machine gun.

Reactions: Barot8
Upvote 0