• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] New update broke game for me

Deadbolt

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 23, 2008
As of now, whenever I join a game, my fps is under 20, when it is normally around 50, and i crash within 15 seconds of being in there. I changed my settings from medium to lowest, and now I can't even load the game, it just goes like it will launch, and then crashes right as it turns to black screen. So now I can't even launch the game which is very frustrating

On a side note, when I am deploying to a server, if I hit "ctrl" button on my keyboard (my hotkey in mumble) I crash right away. This happens to my brother too. Whenever we deploy, we have to stop talking or we would crash.

I've verified integrity of game cache multiple times, but still no dice. Any words of wisdom so I can get back to playing this awesome game? Any feedback is appreicated.

Doesn't matter what company it is these days, they ALL have problems implementing their online game components:

And saw this as being the biggest coming problem a year ago:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=45995&highlight=server

"Early server, connection, and load problems would seem a given, and have been for almost all the recent releases I've played (despite apparent beta testings)."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Doesn't matter what company it is these days, they ALL have problems implementing their online game components:

And saw this as being the biggest coming problem a year ago:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=45995&highlight=server

"Early server, connection, and load problems would seem a given, and have been for almost all the recent releases I've played (despite apparent beta testings)."

This is not a hardware or bandwidth problem, which are the subject of that linked thread.
This is a client/server software problem. Our clients are not connecting to any HOS server at all, and will not until the client and/or server software is fixed, patched and installed.

Sunday on Labor Day weekend. Not a good time to patch IMO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
At least you can join a game. This new patch completely destroyed the server browser. 2000+ players are online yet its not finding a single server. Ive tried both replacing the master server files in the Steam config folder and opting into the beta client but neither works now. =/

The game probably turned on it's filters. Take a look at those in the server browser. If course if you aren't seeing anything that probably means you're also getting the bug where all servers appear empty.

Upvote 0
This is not a hardware or bandwidth problem, which are the subject of that linked thread.
This is a client/server software problem. Our clients are not connecting to any HOS server at all, and will not until the client and/or server software is fixed, patched and installed.
I mentioned connection issues as also being endemic of these early problems, thus the quote above & here again:

Seems like programming for online connectivity is more an art than a science, and TWI is doing no better than any other company in these regards.

Upvote 0