• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New unlock: Jetpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldih

Glorious IS-2 Comrade
Nov 22, 2005
Finland
http://www.dieselpunks.org/profiles/blogs/the-himmelstuermer-flightpack

Since the whole prototype-unlocks thing is already established it would make sense to include that, either as regular or hero unlock, preferably the former. That way you could enjoy Mkb and AVT on the ground but as epic jetpack dogfights as well + it would add new interesting depth to maps and camping spots, not to mention tons deaths by colissions between objects or other players.

There is little gameplay value lost by jetpack unlock, on the contrary it would only add new dimension to conventional tactics and gameplay.

http://www.dieselpunks.org/profiles/blogs/the-himmelstuermer-flightpack

Since the whole prototype-unlocks thing is already established it would make sense to include that, either as regular or hero unlock, preferably the former. That way you could enjoy Mkb and AVT on the ground but as epic jetpack dogfights as well + it would add new interesting depth to maps and camping spots, not to mention tons deaths by colissions between objects or other players.

There is little gameplay value lost by jetpack unlock, on the contrary it would only add new dimension to conventional tactics and gameplay.
Honestly I think this is a really solid gameplay suggestion. The increased mobility added by even a couple of troops equipped with these on a map would really make a dramatic difference in loosening up RO2's rather campy and stationary gameplay -- especially on maps like Fallen Fighters or Commissar's House where stalemates and generally stagnant gameplay are quite common occurrences.

I honestly can't see any negatives to adding something like this -- it can only improve the current gameplay. And, for all those that claim it's historically inaccurate, including these prototypes wouldn't be much more of a leap when you consider that super rare prototypes like the MP40II, which afaik never saw combat duty, are extremely common in the game as well.

To me this just seems like a natural expansion of Ro2 gameplay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Brilliant idea! However, I think it should be forced in Hardcore mode. Otherwise most people wont use it.

It would be awesome if you could gain a Hero SturmJetpack aswell: for instance, after a certain amount of kills while flying with the jetpack, you can earn updates such as double MG's to the jetpack, aswell as stationary panzerschreck launchers. It would also be cool If Heros could use a radio (like with arty) to call in Luftwaffe - a plane spawn and fly over the map and then the player becomes the pilot for a few seconds in order to shoot at the targets.

I think all this would improve the ovrall gameplay. As others have mentioned it would will stop the camping and make the players fight like real men for once instead of being stationary almost all the time.

If this was released as priced DLC Tripwire would make more money so they can support the game further. It would also make more players interested in the game agian.

Upvote 0
RO2: Secret Weapons of Stalingrad

And for large operations we need this one.

HZ-1_Aerocycle.png

And we don`t need a Panzerfaust/Panzerschreck upgrade for the SturmJetPack (SJP), because we will have this one for the job

wtf-pics-donkey-tank1.jpg

And where is the Sturml

Last edited:
Reactions: marsy333 and Cyper
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.