• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New trailer

It would have been nice to see some more gameplay,(maybe gameplay trailers coming in the near future?) but to be honest it seemed very well made and gave me a laugh, good job on it.
By the way, I would love to see it posted on other gaming channels around youtube! imagine what this would cause if it were published on the Machinima channel... mainstream advertising to casuals... TWI's dream xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't have sound on the computer I am on now, so I will watch it in full when I get home, but from what I gathered from the video, it looks pretty good.

It's clean, dramatic, good lighting, put together quite well, and I'll say more when I listen to it as well to get the full feel.

For those complaining that they want more gameplay in the commercial, keep in mind that this is designed as a teaser, it's meant to grab your attention and for you to investigate further, not spoon feed you everything all at once.

Just look at the commercials for World of Warcraft where they used Ozzy, Mr. T & Mini Me.... they used very little game footage, they didn't explain much about the game, and it was mostly someonen on the screen talking than actual game play.

Apparently they worked for WoW otherwise they would have stopped after one commercial.

It's a good start and I look forward to further marketing material by Trip.

Upvote 0
I don't have sound on the computer I am on now, so I will watch it in full when I get home, but from what I gathered from the video, it looks pretty good.

It's clean, dramatic, good lighting, put together quite well, and I'll say more when I listen to it as well to get the full feel.

For those complaining that they want more gameplay in the commercial, keep in mind that this is designed as a teaser, it's meant to grab your attention and for you to investigate further, not spoon feed you everything all at once.

Just look at the commercials for World of Warcraft where they used Ozzy, Mr. T & Mini Me.... they used very little game footage, they didn't explain much about the game, and it was mostly someonen on the screen talking than actual game play.

Apparently they worked for WoW otherwise they would have stopped after one commercial.

It's a good start and I look forward to further marketing material by Trip.

The reason it worked for WOW is cause everyone knew what WOW was by the time the Mr.T commercials came along. There were also trials and friend accounts.

I don't understand why TWI would be releasing a teaser, people aren't going to buy RO1 to figure out what RO2 is going to be like. TWI needs to start releasing clear concise information to their new coming customers. for starters even steam is saying RO2 will release with a campaign, which it will not. You're steam page also says realistic tank and infantry combat, well so does every other shooter out there.

Upvote 0