• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New trailer

I like how TWI likes to do things a bit differently. For example, there's all the blue/orange game boxarts, and TWI uses a white/black boxart, and when everyone else uses a "THIS IS SEWIOUS" kinda trailer, TWI makes the silliest/most lighthearted trailer out of all of them!

Exactly my thoughts. this trailer serves as a kind of teaser, to my understanding, to those who are not acquainted with RO at all. most of those who are "disappointed" are people who follow the game and are probably pretty well schooled with the various gameplay videos and other screenshots. they are coming from a state of mind of "we've seen enough cam gameplay, we want HD gameplay", and I completely support them, but I'm trying to think like someone who's totally new; this trailer makes you interested, like the TWI dev said on this thread. and I think the trailer does that perfectly, because the game footage is well chosen, IMO.

also, the whole situation is spot-on. I myself used to play toy soldiers while asking my late grandfather about WW2 (Red Army vet). that happened in the early nineties. I believe the trailer manages to evoke those nostalgia feelings of "grandpa talk" in anyone, and it is spot-on because it portrays a grandfather who wasn't in the real war due to his relatively young age, and the grandchild is too young. the fact that the grandfather didn't turn out to be a WWII vet, for me, is another "little details" brilliancy from Tripwire, because that's what contemporary grandfathers are like, very young or even born after the war.

to those shouting about disrespect of the war, that's a deficient argument, since you're posting on a forum that is dedicated to a WWII game, and you could argue from the basis, that WWII games are disrespectful towards WWII. yeah, that would sound idiotic, but that's what you're saying. I understand the feeling of "RO Seriousness", but this trailer manages, with a smirk, to emphasize on two important factors of RO: fun and feeling. fun - it's a game, it's meant to be fun. feeling - it's got so much immersion, it makes you feel and think like you're in a war. and RO players know that last one is true.

Upvote 0
Its a very valid point to make, different cultures have a different sense of humour. Many cultures fail to understand British humor, a perfect example of how cultures differ. I wasn't bashing America, i was guessing that the cultural differences that shape American humor might apply here.

As most people i know would agree that this advert is shockingly bad.

Thanks for the infraction.

Upvote 0
Its a very valid point to make, different cultures have a different sense of humour. Many cultures fail to understand British humor, a perfect example of how cultures differ. I wasn't bashing America, i was guessing that the cultural differences that shape American humor might apply here.

As most people i know would agree that this advert is shockingly bad.

Thanks for the infraction.

I have no idea where you are from, but Tripwire is not "just an American company". We've got all kinds working here Brits, Canadians, Dutch, German, Swedish and more - heck our office looks like a meeting at the UN headquarters :) And all of these various people find the trailer hilarious. So it seems you just happen to run with a crowd of people that don't get this type of humor - it has nothing to do with yours or their nationality, so please don't generalize everyone else based on that.

Upvote 0
I liked the trailer. Its a light hearted easy going trailer that brings attention to and prepares for the rest of the advertising campaign.

I'm sure the trailer next week will be what you guys seek.

BTW the TWI logo animation at the start was enough for me to pause the video and restart it to see it again!

I can't wait to see that logo all over the games of the future!

Upvote 0
Its a fact that different cultures exist within a country and vary even more so in other countries, and there are shared learnt characteristics that shape the people that grow up in it, and affects things like morals, tastes and humour, yes individualaity still exist but there will always be some common characteristics. It doesn't apply to everyone but it applies to many.

And so what if i am wrong, that means i should be punished?

Bloody hell, you might as well ban me if for that extra bit of excitement you crave.

Reactions: Dorka
Upvote 0
Can I haz a little panzah toy liek him?

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Remembering Trailer [HD]
Developer: Tripwire International
Release: 8/30/3011
Genre: RTS
Platform: PC

This is what machinema has posted the video, and thats what it says in discription, 8/30/3011 and RTS game :/

RTS stands for Ready To Shoot xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0