• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Hey everyone, I've been playing this game a while - i beat both campaigns on Hero mode, and i've gotten to Lvl 56 online - In fact i just got the AVT-40 and it's my favorite russian weapon I also love playing as the germans on close-quarters maps like apartments since you can mow people down with the Mp-40

I'm also pretty good with a tank; I can beat PzIVs with ease in my T-34 - infantry's a bit harder to keep from killing me, especially since infantry on my side hardly supports me :p

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Upvote 0
Hi all, Im a 41yrs old electrician interested in playing The Pacific War part of RO:2, is it possable to only play the pacific maps?

In the filters part of the server browser you have an option to filter out the RO2 map called theater or war theater, just make sure it's set to Rising Storm not Red Orchestra 2 or both. Or you could just look at the name of the map.

Upvote 0
I am noob here!

I am noob here!

Hi, all!
I am a Chinese. My English may not very good, but I believe that you can understand what I say in next. 233(means :D in China)
I played this game since it got freed in one day in 2014(sry I forgot the date). I dont have a steam account before that day. In the day, my father's friend told him to see this game got freed, he clicked into the link and saw that, fortunately I came across saw that too, I had heard "the game was hardcore and great" for a long time but I had never played so I took the chance registed a steam account to download it.
When I played it, it was really awesome! So realism, so exciting! The most characteristic in the game attracted me is the control, it was easier than ARMA(reality but controls too complex, low fun).
I got a great number friends play this game, too. Some of them had played for more than 1000H. We discuss game here:[url]http://tieba.baidu.com/f?fr=search&ie=utf-8&kw=%E7%BA%A2%E8%89%B2%E7%AE%A1%E5%BC%A6%E4%B9%90[/URL](a bit AD but no virus:D)
To learn how to build my own map, I came here serveral days ago. Register to a Chinese was so hard! Thanks to the fvcking GFW, I can't see the verification code unless use a VPN! And most(maybe all?) of the e-mail in China are banned by this forum. :C So I registered a Gmail to register in this forum.
You may ask, why my e-mail in my singurate is Russian? I can tell u, I registered it a year ago to play Warface in Russian Server. Then I use it usually, it looks cooler than my friends' so much(and can avoid all the trash mail from China 233).

估计这里没多少中国人吧

Attachments

• ad66e7cd7b899e51d61a7e9841a7d933ca950dc6.gif
    ad66e7cd7b899e51d61a7e9841a7d933ca950dc6.gif
    853 bytes · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hey all! Long time since I played RO now but finally had the presence of mind to get RO2. Had to make a new account on this forum since the old one got deleted (I think) and I'm struggling with not being able to post instantly. :p

Anyway, I'm 36 years old and have had a keen interest in WW2 since I was 6-7. My grandfather had many stories about fighting in the resistance group Milorg here in Norway and so did one of my faviourite teachers. Those stories sparked my interest and I've read countless books on the matter since then.

Also I've been in the army as an MG'er and have had hundreds (if not thousands) of hours with the MG3. This makes the MG42 a little special to me and it's great with a game where it is this close to the real thing. Most games get them so wrong and it just ruins the experience.

Anyway, enough about me and lets have fun in game :)

Upvote 0
Hey!

I've owned the game for a good while at this point, but for a long time I didn't really do more than slaughter bots on a dedicated server. I've been lurking on these forums ever since I found out how to host a dedicated server on here, and as I've started to play the actual game over the last 6 months or so I figured I might as well sign up.

I've always enjoyed WW2 games, and even when others were moaning about how more casual games like MoH and CoD was nothing but WW2 I was a happy camper all the time. It might be partially because bolt action rifles are my favorite weapons, so the transition to playing the rifleman class the majority of the time in RO2 was right up my alley as this game is really rewarding with its harsh one-shot-kill feel.

I haven't played a massive amount of RS, but I prefer playing the Japanese whenever I do. The abundance of rifles and the expendable nature of the Japanese rifleman makes for really fun gameplay, and nothing is quite like kamikaze-grenading an entrenched squad of American soldiers.. and getting rewarded for it! It has a wonderful "underdog" feel to it as well while you fight for the Emperor while being hosed down by automatic weapons.

I mostly play on the HoS maps, and I don't really have a preference for teams there. I've always enjoyed sniper classes/loadouts in FPS games, so rifleman and the rare times I can actually grab a marksman spot on my potato computer I tend to do pretty good as my aim is pretty decent.

My guilty pleasure is to go on firefight servers and simply run around with my silenced revolver only, it's a hilariously fun self-imposed little challenge. And since it's firefight, nobody seems to care too much that I'm a machine gunner/marksman that doesn't do any machine gunning or sniping.

I live in Norway, so I'm mostly on European servers. Honor level 51 (the MKB and AVT are just as fun as I hoped they would be!) and rising.

Have fun, and keep this great game alive!

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums but have loved playing RO since Ostfront, and now I play RO2/RS, bf3 & 4, cod, amongst others!
Me name's Rob, I'm 50, going on 17, I live in East Yorkshire in the UK, I'm married with a family, I work full-time, and I get online when I can. On the battlefield I'm either "mattblakk" or "bobber1400".
Hope to meet some friendly faces in the fray!

Respect.....!!

Upvote 0
greetings

greetings

Hey guys and gals,

I'm new to RO2/RS but played some RO back in the day when it first came out. Back then my computer couldn't run RO very well so I didn't play much at all sadly.

I'm using Northaven but usually use Cormyr or ZaCormyr. Played RS last night for the first time and had a blast! Nice work there devs, keep it up!

I posted in the clan section also but figure I will ask here also; any clans around that function from the west coast of North America?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hey guys and gals,

I'm new to RO2/RS but played some RO back in the day when it first came out. Back then my computer couldn't run RO very well so I didn't play much at all sadly.

I'm using Northaven but usually use Cormyr or ZaCormyr. Played RS last night for the first time and had a blast! Nice work there devs, keep it up!

I posted in the clan section also but figure I will ask here also; any clans around that function from the west coast of North America?

Thanks
We, The 2nd Rangers have members who live on the west coast, we're aiming at expanding part of unit to include a PST Platoon. Although we're not a normal clan, we're a realism unit, one of the few of such who play RO2 and RS. Feel free to PM me on the forums if you're interested.

Upvote 0
Hello Im from the UK and got this game on steam this week, I usually play playstation and Total war offline on pc so new to alot of things like I did not know what enable punkbuster is but I do now, anyway played a bit but I would like to play a forest map if there is one , Thanks

Great to see a new member. Off the top of my head there are several, RO2-wise, Tuola Outskirts, Winterwald, Bridges of Druzhina, and Demyansk (all official maps, healthy portion of custom maps too.)
Rising Storm is a different story, it's mainly forests...:D

Upvote 0
New to forums

New to forums

Hi everyone! Been playing this game on and off for a while now and decided to pursue a more structured gaming experience so here I am joining the community! Rising Storm is currently my favorite theater of the two, gotta love the Tommy Gun. If there are any clans (preferably around european GMT) out there who don't run a strict schedule but encourage fun and tactical gameplay then I'd very much love to join. Hope to see you on the battlefield soon!

Upvote 0