• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Hello, great to join this place. Currently playing RS as mostly american and leveling up for the goodies.
Started playing realism as soon as I could levelwise. Its quite a different experience and I love the increased risk for accidental friendly fire.

As american player I am a bit confused at the phisics of the Japanese mortar. It seems that it does not matter if you are hiding behind a building or huge stone. The shell will find you through concrete and basalt. Is this a incorrect perception?

I also find the submachine guns to be unbelivable accurate. Getting dropped at 70 meters by one while running...?

Anyhow...see you in battle

Upvote 0
As american player I am a bit confused at the phisics of the Japanese mortar. It seems that it does not matter if you are hiding behind a building or huge stone. The shell will find you through concrete and basalt. Is this a incorrect perception?
no,not through...it gets you over concrete and basalt.it can be fired indirect,in a high-arcing ballistic trajectorie;)

Upvote 0
So, once in my life I remember to introduce myself before posting on a forum. :D

First of all, I want to thank the guys from Tripwire and, of course, the fanbase, for the wonderful job done (in fact, in progress) with Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm. I started playing in May, having never played Ostfront. RO2 and RS are two of the best WW2 experiences (books, movies, games) I've ever experienced and one of the very few WW2 games influenced by actual history more than Hollywood.

The care for authenticity of both weapons and environments you guys put in these games is something everyone willing to realize a WW2 game should consider as a standard base.

I'm a great fan of WW2 shooters, I started collecting them in 1999 (with the very first Medal of Honor for PSX), even if I missed many pc experiences. I've hardly seen an official project more accurate than this. It reminds me of the good old days in which you could breath history through a shooter.

Thank you for the effort you've put in this project!

Upvote 0
Please allow me to introduce myself:cool:,

My name is Dave, a quite new player to the Tripwire community, aswell as for Red Orchestra 2. I play since Spring 2013 and this is by far my best online shooter experience ever.

I am not looking for a clan to play matches with, but I would be interesting to play with a community( Dutch/Netherlands ?)

That all for now, we will meet on the front!

Dave

add steam: davedevilnl
Nickname Dave [NL]

Upvote 0
Hello Im Artaxeus, Ive been interested in WW2 games since I was a kid, I played and finished Return to Castle Wolfenstein countless times just to feel the WWII era and I have a big collection of WWII games including flight simulators and strategy games.

Sadly I was unaware of Red Orchestra series until i found Steam late 2011, right now I feel Red Orchestra is my game, a game Ive been looking for years, and Im playing it religiously :D

Upvote 0
Hello Im Artaxeus, Ive been interested in WW2 games since I was a kid, I played and finished Return to Castle Wolfenstein countless times just to feel the WWII era and I have a big collection of WWII games including flight simulators and strategy games.

Sadly I was unaware of Red Orchestra series until i found Steam late 2011, right now I feel Red Orchestra is my game, a game Ive been looking for years, and Im playing it religiously :D

Welcome to our community. :)

Upvote 0
My introduction is probably a bit late since I've made a few posts already, but better late the never, right?

I'm not new to the community, but I'm new to the forums. I joined the fight back during the Ostfront days, but only a little while before Heroes of Stalingrad's anouncement.

I don't remember why I bought RO, but I do know it rocked my socks off, or maybe me legs were just blown off in an explosion. Hard to tell.

Most importantly though I'm friendly with a good sense of humor. I don't want to get on anyone's bad side. Really I just wanna have some fun in a good teamwork oriented game.

See you guys on the battlefield!

Upvote 0
Hello lads.

I love this game, I used to play ( and still do sometimes ) Red Orchestra: ostfront since the day they released it. Now I'm into this wonderful Ro2 ( and RS of course ).
I am not totally new to the community, i bought the game about one and a half month ago, but im new to the Ro2 forum.
My favourite classes are Squad Leader and Rifleman ( i am Veteran in both but planning to reach the hero level soon :cool: )
what else? I'm 32, male, from Italy. I am looking for a good clan if anyone need a pretty good player :)

See you in game.

Upvote 0
Hello lads.

I love this game, I used to play ( and still do sometimes ) Red Orchestra: ostfront since the day they released it. Now I'm into this wonderful Ro2 ( and RS of course ).
I am not totally new to the community, i bought the game about one and a half month ago, but im new to the Ro2 forum.
My favourite classes are Squad Leader and Rifleman ( i am Veteran in both but planning to reach the hero level soon :cool: )
what else? I'm 32, male, from Italy. I am looking for a good clan if anyone need a pretty good player :)

See you in game.

Ciao kasperle, se vuoi puoi chiedere di unirti al clan *ncs*, che

Upvote 0
Greetings

Greetings

Just got the game, getting killed left and right and having a blast. I have no clue what I'm doing but I actually managed to get a few kills myself without shooting any of my guys (except for one poor soul and I was truly remorseful.) I can't figure out the maps or objectives or where I am on the map, but I'm learning and so far no one has gotten pissed at me.

Upvote 0