• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

JoseyWales

Mar 25, 2011
hi, i'm bill aka JoseyWales

i just wanted to drop a post to say i'm looking forward to buying this game when it comes out. i'll even pre-order it. :) i recently watched the interview about the game and i have to say i'm impressed with what i saw and think that this is going to be one of the best titles out recently. keep up the great work.. oh and if your looking to add any beta testers let me know.. i will gladly join the team! I think i would actually pay to beta this one.. i loved what i saw and heard from you in the interview and love the start you all got. i'm a big supporter of indie games as well. i also look forward to the tank action, it sounds like it is going to be an awesome ride so to speak..

Last edited:
i'm still cleaning up the mess from were i creamed myself when i watched the vids on this one. it's going to be a "game changer" i do belief.. the big studios could learn a thing or to from these mods turned indie gamers. i frickin love it. i own hundreds of titles and i have to say this one excites me more than any before.. i guess it takes true gamers to really understand what we want and then get the job done..

Upvote 0
I posted this before in the bash and slash forums guess i could copy paste it here:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok to write a bit about myself. Before I start about gaming and pc gaming I first talk a bit about what I do.

I'm 22 years old and a student in the city of Delft in the Netherlands. I'm currently Mastering in Mechanical Engineering or as I like to call it myself advanced technical Lego. The track of my studies focuses on Biomechanical Design.

Or basically the connection between men and mechanical machines, what this means is that I focus on mechanical devices that are in direct contact with humans in order to increase human performance / make people their lives easier. Which can go from the direction of prosthesis or improving for instance the humans ability to control a car (both in terms of physical layout of say a cockpit or features that improve a persons driving ability like abs or cruise control).

Within this field I'm specializing myself in BioRobotics which is pretty much about robotics in direct connection with humans. Similar to above its about the connection with robotics with humans. Think of research of the human body by creation rather than dissection, exoskeletons etc.

Personally I have a great deal of interest in human psychology, and understanding the workings of dynamical systems.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With gaming I played some games earlier on the Nintendo gaming system but didn't start playing multi player games till Quake3, after a while I started looking for different tastes and flavours where I ended up finding in the modding community.

I ended up following a fair amount of mods, really liking the diversity they offered, and after a while started to pick up modelling as an organic/character modeller something I later left behind.

I started with competitive play with Quake3 and the original UT, but never got really serious about it till I started playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein. After that I stopped competitive gaming for a while, and played some games like battlefield 1942 casually.

When unreal tournament 2003 released I played it for a while and didn't like it putting it aside, after good reviews I got unreal tournament 2004 on the release date, liked the changes, and started playing instagib competitively.

As I still actively visited the cgtalk forums at that time, at some point I saw an post that soon Red Orchestra v2.0 would be released on ut2004. Needless to to say I downloaded that mod when it came out and instantly liked it, for the tension it gave, and the similarities in some ways to instagib.

After playing the game for 2 weeks I liked it so much that I decided to join a clan, for the small community of the game (about max 4 full 24 player servers at the same time) there was a huge amount of people wearing clan tags, so it didn't take long before I found a clan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was about at same time that Clanbase had kicked red orchestra off for having too few active teams. As I wanted to have a place to play Red Orchestra competitively, I started the initiative to create my own Red Orchestra Ladder. My attempt was so horrible, that the sight of that website resulted in Yankee and Worluk to create a ladder for Red Orchestra from scratch. RO:Ladder was born.

The site was an immediate success among the community, and despite the relative small amount of initial teams. We were able to have 23 matches played in our first full month. From the day of its creation RO:Ladder remained to be the most popular competitive website for Red Orchestra.

After a while my original clan had died off and I changed another clan. At that moment RO had only 1 active server during the day and another during the night. The server during the day was hosted by a gaming group called DBDUK.

For competitive players it was a nightmare to play on that server, as to free up slots the players with highest score were automatically kicked, if DBDUK didn't manually kick someone wearing a clan tag. Kill a DBDUK once too many, and you'd be off as well. Next to that the rule of no clan advertising, was devastating for competitive play as it was the only server people could play at.

For this reason we decided to start our own public server and together with the competitive community filled it up initially. With the policy of not kicking people to open slots for clan members. By allowing clan recruiting and discussions on the server, giving a lot of clans Admin rights, ability to let people vote for maps and being the first 32 player server. Allowed the server to quickly take the place of the DBDUK server in being the most active server. It was here that I became active with learning how to administrate the server, and started to help in the technical server support section on the Tripwire forums.

About a one and a half year later Red Orchestra obtained a retail release and Red Orchestra: Ostfront was born. Initially Clanbase, TWL, Esl created competitions for Red Orchestra, although due to gaining Admins that had never played RO (and many Admins that had never adminned) before, they eventually ran into the ground (taking a part of their clans with them).

Although at the time the RO:ladder staff wasn't the most experienced, for being actively involved within the community, and specifically adapting the competitive experience towards the game and the community. Which made RO:Ladder the only surviving website, while growing tenfold in clan numbers over the mod. With this increase in size, we had more and more issues with cheating and exploiting, which resulted in RO:Ladder creating various mutators for the aid of competitive play. Letting us learn how to Admin through experience of doing so, and combining the good things that work from other ladders and leagues.

Around that point I became very active in the Red Orchestra support section. And was getting annoyed by a plethora of bugs and exploits, rather than *****ing about it. I tried to see if i could do something about it, by trying to become a Tripwire voluntary tester. Due to a bit of luck I made it into the group and tried to report issues (including reproductions) from the support section and the competitive community.

So that is a bit of my history within the game of RO, currently I'm awaiting RO2:HOS and trying to get the word out a bit for RO:Ladder (since I cannot code websites :( ). Hoping that TWI, looks at the general wishlist for competitive clanplay we've created at ROL with people from the community and some Admins of other leagues.

http://www.filefront.com/17234196/wishlistclangaming-v2.pdf/

Oh and another thing about me, I often make TL;DR posts :x

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello my name is echutter. I am living in the United States, moved here at the age of 3 from Germany xD. Echutter was a nickname given to me by friends and family because I always had trouble saying each other, so that is how that came about. I am a active person that lifts and runs everyday, while making time for gaming when I can. I really enjoy playing realism games, Project Reality mod will remain my favorite game for a very long time, hopefully ROHOS can change that.

Anyway, I picked this game up right when the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion came out the store I went to get it at didn't have it so I ended up getting Titan Quest and ROOST, Red Orchestra's cover I think was what sold me on buying it.

Seems like a nice group of guys on these forums and I love how TWI interacts with the community so much. Really lookig forward to everything.

Reactions: Chadwiick
Upvote 0