• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

New as of yesterday. Really looking forward to some mature tactical gameplay. I Gave up on my other shooters years ago (eg. COD in its various incarnations).

However I am having an issue that I would be grateful for some help with if it is not too much trouble.

I purchased the game yesterday through steam. I have three items listed in my library:

RO 2 single player
RO 2 beta
RS / RO multiplayer

I firstly tried the beat assuming it was RO mulitplayer. No servers and only 6 players. Next I tried the single player which works fine. I then discovered the RS/RO multiplayer and I got into my first game.

There are only RS maps available at the moment and I believe my stats will not update until I purchased RS. I am happy to do so but I just want to check what I am doing.

So here is my question, will there be RO multiplayer maps at some stage?
Secondly do I need to purchase RS to update my stats and advance in rank?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I joined yesterday to inquire about why I had no SP even though I installed the game from a disk and why it disappeared after installing the Digital Deluxe version of RS.

I am probably one of the oldest on these forums. I started gaming before such thing as video games existed. I have been playing them since Pong was released. The first PC game I played was a vector graphics version of Tetris in 3D as well as SimCity.

I prefer Tac-Sims such as Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear. I really didn't like Raven Shield as I felt that changing from the RSE engine to the Unreal Engine changed the gameplay, that and the fact that Ubi really messed up how they did things with it and couldn't fix. I am glad I didn't have to pay for it and still wouldn't to this date.

I moved to Ghost Recon and was hoping for a GR2 when Ubi had it shelved (yeah, the PC version was shelved) though they way it turned out for the XBox means I wouldn't want it anyway. Changing to a 3rd person view really changed how the game was played and there were many complaints due to that on the Ubi forums.

I mainly play RTS and simulators such as Company of Heroes and Silent Hunter III and IV as well as iL2 1946 and FS9 and FSX.

I purchased RO2 after a friend on another forum (for a game that will combine R6 and GR and move that premise forward unlike how Ubi took those franchises) posted screens for RO while playing it back in the day and then started a thread about RO2. After it's release, I bought the retail version and finally installed it last week. I was given the RS Beta as a Steam Gift the day before it went live so that didn't last long though I did purchase the RS Digital Deluxe version.

Personally, I prefer playing SP or Coop, I love doing campaigns with my friends, I think it is more fulfilling than just TvT or FFA. I hope I can do some Coop soon though I cannot even do any SP to learn maps due to it disappearing after my game was automatically updated with RS.

Oh, I only live about 18 miles from Tripwire's studios. :IS2:

Upvote 0
So here is my question, will there be RO multiplayer maps at some stage?
Secondly do I need to purchase RS to update my stats and advance in rank?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
you can use the "filters" to find RO2 maps. change "theater of war" to RO2 then only servers playing RO2 maps at the time will show. it's not perfected yet, as at any moment the server can switch to a RS map. hopefully they'll come up with a way to filter servers that play only RO2 and only RS maps as well.

and yes, without RS purchase, you can't gain xp or level anything up. sorry.

Upvote 0
Hello!

I'm Winernal.

I entered this franchise through Rising Storm, though i was nearly convinced when Red Orchestra 2 first arrived. But the pacific war theatre convinced me! (I play both RO2 and RS!)

I just love this! I enjoy realistic/hardcore and tactital shooters. Especially with WW2 theme! And i love a challenge, and games with a learning curve. Why didn't i convince myself at RO2?!

I'm now hooked, and this seems like a great community with caring devs. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello all! Loving this game so far. Got it on a Steam sale but had my eye on it for awhile. Long time Forgotten Hope player if anyone knows that battlefield series mod.
Is there a trad with some info to digest? Id like to know which units get smoke nades. How to use teamwork in multiplayer, etc. id LOVE to play with some groups/clans that fit my time zone(North america PST) and use teamwork. This game was supposed to be built on that I heard.
So far single player prett much sucks huh? My squad runs around like people at a party when the cops come. They all die then I finish all rounds Rambo style. Even if I issue orders they just cue up the Benny Hill song and become useless. Pretty much how it is or am I misusing them?

Upvote 0
Hello all! Loving this game so far. Got it on a Steam sale but had my eye on it for awhile. Long time Forgotten Hope player if anyone knows that battlefield series mod.
Is there a trad with some info to digest? Id like to know which units get smoke nades. How to use teamwork in multiplayer, etc. id LOVE to play with some groups/clans that fit my time zone(North america PST) and use teamwork. This game was supposed to be built on that I heard.
So far single player prett much sucks huh? My squad runs around like people at a party when the cops come. They all die then I finish all rounds Rambo style. Even if I issue orders they just cue up the Benny Hill song and become useless. Pretty much how it is or am I misusing them?

Evening! Great game at a great price, I can't blame you for picking it up. Glad you have been enjoying it. I played FH for a while too, it was a crackin' mod.
The units that get smoke grenades are Squad Leaders (x1) and Team Leaders (x2) and they can always pick more up from ammo dumps.
Avoid single player like the plague, the online battlefield is where it's at! Add me if you have any questions - T40-1Tea_and_Crumpets

Upvote 0
Sup Rising Stormers, OleCrow here...finally got RS and just wanted to say thanks to all the DEVs and guys that made this game pretty awesome. As all will agree, there is still a lot of work to be done (spawn times being the most important in my opinion!) to bring Rising Storm to a truly EPIC level as a few of the others out there are.

I started my online gaming experience with the BF series and COD games. I've been at these FPS games for quite a while now and will continue with the Rising Storm.

This is great fun stuff here guys and look forward with gaming with all you super fans of this epic game! Good luck all, see you on the battlefield...GAME ON! :cool:

Upvote 0
My name is Pvt. Jiggly Joe.

Just after midnight on the local date of 8th December 1941, approximately 45 minutes before Pearl Harbor was hit, my homeland was invaded. Without warning the Japanese army came from the north and like a Rising Storm through the dense jungles swept through to the southernmost tip of Asia and crossed into the bastion of the Straits Settlements to orchestrate and ensure one of the biggest surrenders of the Commonwealth's army.

That was the fall of Malaya and Singapore.

From that day till the last day the war ended, we were under Japanese occupation. Many people suffered. I was one of the

Upvote 0