• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Greetings

Greetings

Al (AKA NonCom) here. Hello to everyone.

I am a newish addition to the roster of Tripwire Devs. I've been working in games since the early 90's, on ancient things like Ultima and Wing Commander. a bit of Big Game Hunter in the middle and games like DC Universe Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic more recently.

I am originally from Texas. My dad was in the 1st Cav, at Ft. Hood there and was a DI and weapons instructor after his stint in Korea. So, I have been around weapons for most of my life. That means the Tripwire house style of accurate, fun, virtual weapons is an ideal match for my background.

I am having a great time so far, working with the TWI leadership, the teams, the external devs and modders. I look forward to bumping into you all in-game.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Hello everyone! Long time lurker here, finally decided to register. I've been a PC FPS fan for most of my life and I absolutely love the RO series. My time to play is limited by my job (13F-U.S. Army) but I take what I can and am looking forward to finally being on this forum and of course Rising Storm. See everyone out there!

Upvote 0
Hello, everyone.

I'm Sora364, from California.

I've been playing Red Orchestra since 2009 or 2010, and have just finally decided to make a forum account (hehe). I've been hooked on the series starting with RO1 and have played on servers in pretty much every game and mod for the Red Orchestra series. I am also very pumped for the upcoming release of Rising Storm.

I hope to see you guys soon on the battlefield :D

Upvote 0
Hi guys, I'm a canadian who is really interested in military history, especially WW2,WW1, and Korea. I've had ancestors who fought in every front of WW2 except the Eastern Front, so I feel like I really connect to this kind of game. I've been playing red orchestra since the first game and I'm still loving it. I decided to join this forum with the release of Rising Storm on the horizon. Looking forward to gaming with you guys!

Upvote 0
Hello, I'm DerRidda!

A lot of EU players will probably know me. Have been around since shortly after the release of Ostfront, played a lot of DH (used the name Caleb for some time), played RO2 since the pre-order beta and currently playing RS since a week or so before the pre-order beta.

Since TWI has finally decided that my mail provider is not pure evil anymore I managed to sign up here.

Upvote 0
Greetings to community

Greetings to community

Greetings to the TWI community!

I'm RaFiGer and have been adicted to RO from beginning, but due to my occupation my online time is mostly limited bt sindce last year I'm spending my free gaming time mostly to RO2 and now the RS beta.

I like Rising storm very much and hope to see you on the Battlefield.

"Everybody Banzai charge NOW!!!"

Greetings from Russia & Germany
RaFiGer

Upvote 0
Hello, I am a 27 years old fella from good ol Sweden. I love everything about WW2 (well not the horrible things but you get my point) and bought Red Orchestra 2 last summer on Steams sale. At the time, I didnt know anything about it, apart from some screenshots, but it was cheap and I was like "I'll give it a try then..." Now I am almost 600 hours into the game and have pretty much forsaken all other games except Shogun 2 and Company of Heroes which are really hard to give up. I am yet to get the slightest tired or RO2, especially with Rising Storm coming in a few hours. Red Orchestra 2 is the first game I have ever played this much, and I have played games since I was a kid. Never thought that would happen, since I used to play all kinds of games and a new game like every week. Tripwire ended that! :D

Upvote 0
Not new, been playing Tripwire games for ages and I think ive had thise account on here for awhile, I just have not posted on here in awhile.

I like realistic shooters like ARMA, Red Orchestra,etc...
RPG's are my favorite genre, but as I said above I also really like a few shooters (more realistic ones).

I also enjoy foreign movies and some tv shows (Game Of Thrones, The Borgias, Sons Of Anarchy, Deadwood, The Wire, Breaking bad).

Came back to the forums to check and see what kind of new mods there has been for Killing Floor and also to chat about RS!

32 year old form Canada here.

Upvote 0
New to the forum, my first shooter experience was the original Call of Duty back in 2003 and played it for about a year, but never a serious player (always more serious about Medieval Total War).

Did a couple of years without a computer (insane, but seemed a good idea at the time), then got quite serious about doing digital art (under the tag of 'Jabba') - so my gaming nowadays is purely for fun & pleasure... well, that and also to crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women!. :D

I tried BF Bad Company, didn't get into it - running around with a basic G3 while some sod with 12x scope on a Barrett blowing me away from the other side of the map was not my idea of fun (and no, telling me I'd soon get the hang of it did not miraculously make the experience enjoyable!).

I enjoyed Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 3 (both single player - FC2 multiplayer was dead by the time I was playing it, and Ubisoft made FC3 multiplayer completely unplayable despite all the good innovations the game had going for it).

As far as TWI goes, Killing Floor has given me hours of fun, and I bought RO2 GOTY when it came out but never gave it a serious go (tried a bit of single player, discovered you have to think so decided I'd return to it when I had more time, but never did until buying RS).

And that's where I'm at today, Rising Storm is just what I was looking for, and so far I've clocked up 30 hours game time since release five days ago (just as well I didn't have work to do this week!), so I've already had more fun & satisfaction with RS than BFBC etc and at a fraction of the price too.

Oh yeah, might as well test if I can add attachments properly, so if it works, here's a war-themed pic a did a wee while ago...

Attachments

• sudden_impact.jpg
    sudden_impact.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0