• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone,

Oh my, I can't believe I didn't know about this game until only a couple of weeks ago. Actually I had heard of it a while back but thought it was an original Operation Flashpoint mod or something - OpFlash was great in its day but I couldn't go back there) So what a d**k for not looking into it further eh?

Anyhow I've got it now and have been getting the hang of it for the last 2 weeks and I must say this is the most AWESOME FPS I've ever played period. I've played many others over the years and I love Project Reality for its take on realism but RO is such a great balance of fun, skill and realism that I don't think I could ever go back. It still looks great too.
I have finally found a game that matches what I've been after in a shooter for ever. I'm a bit late to the party but I'm hear now. It's so great to go back to WW2 too - Ahh bolt action goodtimes.

And Darkest Hour! oh my, such brilliance!

Anyway - I'm 40, been gaming forever and I like long strolls along the beach ;)

Thanks Tripwire - You're brilliant. :) And the community so far has been really helpful and mature. It's win win in my book.

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
Hola everyone! I am a bigtime Forgotten Hope 2 player. Ive heard that some of their developers are working on RO2. So l thought i'd come over and see what RO is all about.

Whats the best way to purchase RO? I prefer disc copies as they are usually better for modding. Are there further mods for RO? Is purchasing thru steam a wise choice? Seems the easiest but I want the most flexible copy.

Also, anything else I should know before jumping in? I love the teamplay aspect of FH2 community. Sounds like a great one here too!! See you guys around...

Chris

Upvote 0
Buy it through Steam. Lately its been about $5.
The Red Orchestra SDK is available for download, too. (Free)

RO is a MP game with a "Practice Mode" against AI.

To play MP you have to run it through Steam whether you purchace a "hard copy" or not. So it doesn't really matter which way you get it.

There is a popular mod that features the US/British forces vs. the Axis. Its called Darkest Hour. Its a free download. So really, you'll be getting two games for the price of one (and a free SDK).

Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Cool!

Welcome aboard.

Give the game some time and don't get too frustrated. Many have been playing the game a loooonnng time and know every map and every nuance of the game so you are at a distinct dis-advantage.

Prepare to die a LOT from enemy you never see. Its the nature of the learning curve. Learn the bolt action then if you desire, progress to the semi-auto's and smgs. That will teach you the discipline you need to succeed. Remember...Rambo = Death for new players.

Have fun. If you need help, ask intelligent questions (not, "where are my crosshairs?" :rolleyes: ) and most people will be glad to assist.

Good luck.

Reactions: oldslowguy
Upvote 0
Hi, I just learned of this game listening to a podcast associated with the BashandSlash.com site where TW was kind enough to invite them to the studio to play the upcoming version of the game discuss it. The game sounded intriguing enough I decided to get a copy from steam. I'm impressed with the game and am looking forward to getting into it more.
I"m already impressed with the community as two members already provided very helpful answers to a question I had.

I have been gaming on and off for a while and enjoy a variety of games.

Upvote 0