• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New suppression system

New suppression system

• Total voters

Cyper

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
Sweden
In my opinion the suppression system in RO2 has always been an immersion breaker. It does not feel natural that your screen gets darker, and when you start to see everything in greyscale, when you get suppressed.

My suggestion is:

• Remove grayscale when suppressed
  • The screen gets slightly blurred when you are suppressed
  • Character heartbeat increase fast but gradually and can be heard by the player when suppressed
  • Character heartbeat decrease slowly and gradually after you’ve been suppressed

EDIT: On second thoughts, this thread may aswell be moved to RO2 -> Ideas & Suggestions, since RO2 and RS will be implemented into each others.

Last edited:
I don't mind it so much because it accomplishes what its suppossed to do and I react appropriately. I can still function but at a slightly lessened capacity.

I could go on and on, but I'm happy enough with the way it is.

If I am forced to make a suggestion, lessen the screen greying a little bit, but don't remove it.

I did not vote.

Upvote 0
I hate the grey screen. I much preferred the system in DH where suppression was a flinch reaction as opposed to a cumulative status effect. It had the desired effect of increasing the difficulty of return fire but none of the obnoxiousness of randomly becoming color blind.

There's a flinch in RO2 when a bullet flies past you. Breathing rate is faster when suppressed, this INCLUDES the controled breathing rate, so that's much less useable. It's not just a grey screen either, the edges are blurred / double vision effect representing tunnel vision somewhat.

Please, if you are going to want to change something, state what it includes completely without just picking one bit and saying "It only does this!".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it's the idea of unrealism for realism? If you get me....

The game has to be realistic. But it never will be as we're behind a computer screen. The bullets aren't actually going over our heads, so we need some extra persuasion and effects.

I'm impartial to be honest. It works for me. Also I think they're going to want the grey screen looking at the banzai charges which they're implementing.

Upvote 0