• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound *NEW SOUNDPACK*: MUST HAVE! How ROOST was mean't to sound like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cthulhu said:
Wouldn't this make it so you could only play on servers that had those sounds built in?

I don't know much about that sort of thing, but that's what people have been saying...
Not exactly.

The server needs the sound pack installed AND a mutator to force the engine to read the sound files in the uax sound packages and not the valve gcf libaries.

The mutator needs to be made so if anyone knows how, please make one ASAP :D

Upvote 0
okay guys i've got it uplaoded finally. sorry it took so long, the upload speeds UK ISP's give us are criminal :rolleyes:

anyway here it is - http://files.filefront.com/soundpackrar/;5028079;;/fileinfo.html

tell me what you think of it guys. i'm certain you'll get through a few sets of underwear while testing it out :D

i'll be releasing an updated soundpack soon which improves and adds upon this current one.

Hyperion2010 said:
BiA's sounds are horrible. Seriously, I felt like I wasnt even firing a gun!

Yeah but I'm using some "spare" sounds that they hardly used in the game and they are far better than the ones they did use, weird I know.

Try out the sounds, I guarentee you will love it.

Upvote 0
DrGuppy said:
Did you take into account the fact that almost every sound in Ostfront also has a different sound that can be heard from far away? For example the satchel has two sound files, one for when it explodes close to you, and one for when it explodes across the map.

yeah of course I do.

I made new distant sounds for artillery and cannon fire but I left the distant ones for grenade and satchel.

Have u tested my soundpack? what do you think of it?

Upvote 0
diden't u read the changelist? or maybe you were running roost thru STEAM? If so, unload STEAM and run ROOST from it's executable file. Full instructions are in the first post.

The gun sounds are amazing as they are. The only one I changed was the g43 and I'm gonna change the MG42 sound in the next soundpack... the rest of the gun sounds are amazing.

Upvote 0
d4v said:
diden't u read the changelist? or maybe you were running roost thru STEAM? If so, unload STEAM and run ROOST from it's executable file. Full instructions are in the first post.

The gun sounds are amazing as they are. The only one I changed was the g43 and I'm gonna change the MG42 sound in the next soundpack... the rest of the gun sounds are amazing.
No, I was checking the sounds through the *.UAX files with the Unreal Editor (SDK). And didn't noticed any new sounds at all...

Upvote 0
well thats proabably becuase you extracted the uax packages to somewhere that was not the games default sound folder.

if you extracted my soundpack to say, your desktop, and then opened up the SDK and opened up the uax files u extracted to desktop, the SDK automaticly defaults to the uax in the sound folder of the games directory.

Move the respective uax files out of the default sounds folder in to a tempory folder and then extract my soundpack in to the default sound folder and THEN the SDK will allow you to open them up.

Anyway it would be best to just listen to the sounds in game cos they sound quite different in-game.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.