• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

NEW SERVER: [TxM] Texas Militia

Private Who?

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2006
Texas
Texas Militia is pleased to announce we have a new Red Orchestra server online:

[TxM] Texas Militia : Infantry Only, Stock Maps, Fast Action!
server ip: 75.126.10.168:7757

This 32 slot server is located in Dallas Texas, and should give excellent performance to North American players. The map list is all stock maps, with no down-loads or mods. We have also limited the map list to the smaller to medium sized maps, to keep the action up!

Texas Militia is a large and diverse gaming community, and one of the oldest. TxM started out with DoD1.6 and has maintained servers since 1999. We currently support DoD:S, CoD:UO, CoD:WaW, Counter Strike Source Gun Game, and Left 4 Dead. (As well as Red Orchestra :D)

Our RO community includes several long time RO players like myself, but mainly consists of brand new players to RO. It's a small core right now, but we intend to grow! Long live RO!

This server is just up this afternoon, and I may need to do some ini tweaking for the FF settings, and vote settings. We encourage RO community feedback as we get this server up and running.

visit our forums at www.texasmilitia.com and feel free to join our teamspeak at ts.texasmilitia.com:8768

THANKS!

Last edited:
So far so good:
we've had good traffic every night this week, including 6-8 pubbers one night and up to 13 pubbers last night. We've even gotten our first RO recruit!

I think we have already bumped up to 45 slots, and we'll be supporting Steam Achievments and loading the new Stalingrad map as soon as they come out.

Thanks to all the pubbers who have dropped by this week! Add us to your favorites and KEEP IT UP!

edit: yes it says 'infantry only' but due to requests from TxM members I have added Konigsplatz and Hedgehog as combined arms maps. ditto for the new Stalingrad map when it comes out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the server in my favorites, but don't see anyone in there most of the time? Maybe I am not staying around late enough since I play on east coast.

I have been getting on at about 9.00pm central, and playing until about 11.00pm central. You are 1 hour in front of me, so 10.00pm for you. Some of the other guys in my clan get on a bit earlier than me. And our DoD:S Orange Maps and our CoD:UO No Tanks Base Assault servers self-populating almost all day long. I'm hoping to do the same with this RO server.

I started this server from nothing last night at 9.00pm and within minutes had pubbers. At one point I had 13 pubbers. Feel free to hop in ANY TIME.

Tonight is our DoD:S Sniper Night. So that's where I'll be tonight. But RO tomorrow for me for sure.

Upvote 0
It may be a case of seeding the server occasionally and hopeing to attact more numbers.
Fortunately soon you will have achievements to get on with while you wait for more players.

As i said before good luck with it - sounds like NA needs a decent new server and the direction your taking with playercount and maprotation is a good one - playing to the strengths of the game.
Hope it does well.

Upvote 0
tonight we had a real break through night. at one point we 39 players for 45 slots....but I sorta overloaded the CPU. So....

I manually overode the command line to take us down to 32, and my server guy is taking the command line down to 36 tonight. We hope that helps with the ping. We are running other games on this box, so RO is a bit of a work in progress for us. Personally I'd be fine with a 32 slot truly OldSchool RO server...but I know some people these days might look down on lower-slot# servers.

I know it says 'Infantry Only' but I do have two combined arms maps in rotation. (Hedgehog and Konigsplatz) I'll be putting the new map in rotation when it comes out too.

Thanks again to all the players we had tonight. 3.SA, CoreNA, TWB, and many other clan tags on our server. Really glad to see that. :D

We're gonna keep forging ahead with it, and soon we hope RO is as integral a part of Texas Militia as DoD:S and CoD. So far so good.

Upvote 0
You should be congratulated Who. You have single-handedly started a RO division within TxM. And that's no small feat. I would also wager that it's no small part from the RO community as well. You all seem so loyal. :p

Team effort Zephax. Couldn't do it without the clan elders, and guys like you, Alphabet, Aragorn, Wulf, Ratdart, Mikey, GroBeMaus, OldTex, VonMetzger, DJ, Squirrel, Xavier, NeoConBen, and Sokolov.

Not to mention the over 1000 pubbers who have passed thru in the past two or three weeks.

And yeah you're right: the RO community is at least as dedicated as the CoD:UO hardcore. An older game with better gameplay will always hold onto a core following.

Upvote 0