• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Screenshots (including snow)

Looks to me like a combination between FallenHeroes and RedSquare from the moddays :)
That one house looks a lot like the final objective in the RedSquare map.

The univermag department store was the last cap of redsquare in the mod and the last defensive position for the germans in fallenheroes ....

I hope that the gameplay layout from the mod is used. Or at least some game play outside of the square. Fallenheroes feels so confined like you're fighting in a big amphitheatre.

I truly hope as well that at least the 3 center caps will be open at the same time, forcing you to cap 1 at a time takes away the entire tacticality of the map :\

Upvote 0
The grass textures really need some work. They look very low resolution.

I don't think they are too bad really.

What I think the locations could use is some detail layers in the textures. An effecient way of making textures look better when close up.

This texture work here looks quite low res...
505030_fullcopy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Stormer
Upvote 0
the concrete appears low res because the camera is close to it. the grass texture is high enough already, and it wouldn't make much difference how detailed or high res it is, because it's actually the grass model itself that will determine how good it looks. and the grass model looks fine. very thin defined blades, it looks excellent.

sometimes it feels like you people have never played a game before and noticed details like this.

Reactions: Hans Ludwig
Upvote 0
It shouldn't really matter how close the "camera" is to the texture. Anyway, it looks as though the "camera" is the same height as that barrel over on the right, so that "camera height" is the same as someone either standing or crouching within the map.

In Crysis, you can have your nose up against the textures and they still look amazing.

Granted, Crysis runs like a turd, but there are other games out there which have much better looking textures, and run great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It shouldn't really matter how close the "camera" is to the texture. Anyway, it looks as though the "camera" is the same height as that barrel over on the right, so that "camera height" is the same as someone either standing or crouching within the map.

In Crysis, you can have your nose up against the textures and they still look amazing.

Granted, Crysis runs like a turd, but there are other games out there which have much better looking textures, and run great.

I'm sure alot of what you see is Alpha and the view distance in which you are looking at it. Some of it may be that way to avoid objects looking tiled.

Yes, Crysis was a turd, but not because of how it ran (it was ok on my machine). It was almost more enjoyable to look at the stuff and knock down buildings because the gameplay itself really sucked. I got bored to where I was just shooting birds out of the sky. I actually finished the single player because I was hoping that the story got better but it didn't... I was just relieved that it was over.

Upvote 0