• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

NEW Screens

I have the magazine.
Spoiler!

I was really hoping for some news on the scrake or other specimens :(

Upvote 0
It's more or less the same articale as the online PCGamer article.

I suppose it should be said that on Hard and HoE difficulties will have specimens doing different actions that they don't do on Easy/Norm.

Not from what I've seen. I saw at least 5 pictures that I didn't notice online that might be worthy of a post. Might take some photos with the copy of PC Gamer I have maybe.

Upvote 0
I know we have the Gorefast, Crawler, Clot, Diet Clot, and Fleshpound confirmed, but I can't stop wondering who this handsome fella is:

df6d7d55ba4fdba4f6efa34cc11bece1.png

Aaah, I think that's the same one featured in a photo in the PC Gamer article..

In the PC Gamer photo, the lighting is really dark but I think I see those same shoulder spikes.. on the other hand, he's standing right next to a clot in this other photo and it's really clear that this guy has a lot more muscle mass and is at least six inches taller, and he's got some really wicked claws on his fingers.

The bone structure around his face is really weird too.. almost like he's wearing a mask, and he has some really intense eyes..

Definitely a new enemy type. Maybe something that can dish out a lot of damage but tends to blend in with clot hordes?

Upvote 0
Aaah, I think that's the same one featured in a photo in the PC Gamer article..

In the PC Gamer photo, the lighting is really dark but I think I see those same shoulder spikes.. on the other hand, he's standing right next to a clot in this other photo and it's really clear that this guy has a lot more muscle mass and is at least six inches taller, and he's got some really wicked claws on his fingers.

The bone structure around his face is really weird too.. almost like he's wearing a mask, and he has some really intense eyes..

Definitely a new enemy type. Maybe something that can dish out a lot of damage but tends to blend in with clot hordes?
I'm thinking it's probably like the cyst on the other end of the spectrum. A tougher clot variant.
So. . . I guess if cyst is diet clot, this like DoubleClot (Southpark reference)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm thinking it's probably like the cyst on the other end of the spectrum. A tougher clot variant.
So. . . I guess if cyst is diet clot, this like DoubleClot (Southpark reference)

Maybe they aren't even variants so to speak, but evolutions. Maybe cysts are like preemie clots and then they eventually mature into clots... and this muscular spiky clawed clot thing is what clots eventually mature into?

I mean.. probably not during the course of one wave.. although that would be pretty sick. Ignore the cysts or clots for too long and they upgrade themselves to the next clot-tier. That would discourage kiting a bit, especially if clots are faster than cysts and so on.

But I'd be willing to bet the early waves will have a higher concentration of cysts and the later waves will have way more of these "uberclots".

And they'll probably have very different forms of attack, to punish you for confusing one for the other when they are mixed together. That inherently adds a benefit to classes like Firebug and Demolitions that can indiscriminately clear groups of weaker enemies at once, because anyone else has to be concerned with picking off the right targets from a group of mixed clot-forms.. waste your rifle shots on a few cysts and next thing you know an uberclot that was hiding behind them POUNCES ON YOU mwahaha.

Upvote 0