• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New ride

gautrek

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2007
Leicester UK
For those who saw a while ago i added a post about my bike i was rebuilding in the modding section.Well here is a quick update.
Its been on the road for about 9 months now and i am finally getting it running right after a few teething issues.Which i expected anyway.
me and MRS gautrek did a 30 mile run last weekend which took about 3 hours due to going down the old Roman roads in our neck of the woods.

stop.jpg

long.jpg

back.jpg

deep.jpg

She made me go through the ford about 6 times to get the best shots.
Hopefully we can sort out loads more of these old roads which are now farm tracks.

lovely.

Are you going to put up a site which shows it from beginning till the end again, especially since some of the newer members havent seen the earlier stages ^^.

here you go then.
Its a 1975 M66 650cc Ural made in Russia.Its loosely based on a pre war BMW out fit with a copy of a steib sidecar as used by the Germans in WWII. I have owned this for around 25 years of which it spent most of that time in bits.
This was taken about at the start of the rebuild.It took about 14 months of about 3 nights a week and weekends.
bike.jpg

Here is the first quick sighting build too see whats missing
bike5.jpg

getting there

side.jpg

Finished.Well its going.
Its taken about 9 months to get it running great.

YouTube - First run out.

Upvote 0