• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad New realism campaign

We are the 181st EU and we are interested in getting a new realism campaign going.We will buy webspace and stuff, but we need to get this advertised.
We have 2 clans joining so far, and both are allied, we need axis clans for this.EFO died right before we should have joined so we want a new realism campaign going.
We have made a free forum to discuss rules and stuff, please visit http://efw.phpbbportal.eu/ and join us.When all are finished we will buy webspace and make a proper website for it, we just need to find out who will participate.
All realism clans are welcome to come and discuss this.

My objection is my opinion, it is valid, and I will express it--I don't see how that is "derailing" your thread. So please rethink your words as I take your 'trolling' comment to be an overreaction and an insult. Personally, I think it's ridiculous for there to be two units named 181st Tank Brigade, making half or more of RO realism's Red Army a tank brigade...some may agree with me.

To get back on topic...I think 'Eastern Front Wars' is a cheap and unfitting name for a successor, and I am against the 181st franchise pulling the strings again. You obviously disagree with me, but that doesn't mean my view should be silenced as this plan affects the direction of RO realism community--I am going to speak out about it because it does concern me.

Upvote 0
Personally, I think it's ridiculous for there to be two units named 181st Tank Brigade, making half or more of RO realism's Red Army a tank brigade...some may agree with me.

We're the 180th when participating in EFW.

To get back on topic...I think 'Eastern Front Wars' is a cheap and unfitting name for a successor

Then register on our forum and help us create a better tournament.

and I am against the 181st franchise pulling the strings again.

Again, you do not know us. And so far there's really nothing to run, register and make sure what we run becomes a better tournament.

I am going to speak out about it because it does concern me.

If this concerns you, then register and let us know what's wrong. From what I know, this is the only realism tournament in the works, that you can have a say in.

Upvote 0
We have talked to Koba and I will not talk on behalf of Koba and his tournament here. We dont really care what/whose tournament we play in. We really just want to play. If Koba's tournament doesn't work out, then ours will be ready. If ours doesn't work out then Koba's will be ready. We've just been itching to get playing in a realism tournament. And if you realism clans aren't busy doing nothing (Like we were, hence the tournament) and if you can spare a man for 5 minutes a week, then please help us create a (for a lack of a better word) safety-net tournament.

Upvote 0
Basicaly to be brutally honest the RO Realism Community seem's to be in the decline. I have watched it for the last several months decline. The initial creation of efo that me and certain members of the 11.SS tried to instill was never properly realized. I never truly agreed with the way the map was done or the rules in how it governed it. Initially it was supposed to take the form of factual operations, not a general landmass or risk like appearence. I never agreed with that.

It is silly to assume that efo be brought back into a competitve playing field again. The whole system was awash in flaws that could never actually be corrected. Due to the stubborn mass that perpetuated the leading factions of EFO. They simply felt like they could walk over anyone. Though I must remind those that the 181st was not as successful until the 11.SS was forced to retire to the rear and some of the most skilled players in RO retreated in the wrong direction. I will stand behind Ostheim on this one. Without some kind of control spread around it won't work. The thing you must try to set the standards go above and beyond what everyone else is doing in regards to realism.

If anything you must redo the whole bloody mess and start over with fresh Ideas. Something to get people wanting to do it, something to move people to say that sounds like fun. That and really try to be more flexible. I'm just saying this to maybe motivate ya'll. Without any kind of campaign play whats the point of being in a Realism Unit. Other than shielding yourselves from run and gunners on your servers. Believe me i've been there so ya'll are gonna need to come up with something and get everyone workin on the same page or nothin is gonna change. Everybody has to give a little but on the other hand you can't just keep takin.

Good luck with the campaign idea if i was to name it though i would start out with factual operations and go from there. But hey thats just me.

Upvote 0
Yea, keep this on topic, no need to fight here.181st EU is making this and pays for this, but we really want help, axis or allied, to help us create a campaign that both allied and axis clans is happy with.We have no agenda other than that.
Please join us and help us create this, you dont have to, but dont complain if you do not participate in making rules and stuff.

Upvote 0