• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics New player

Tactics depends on a map and type of weapon you have, but the general rule is move from cover to cover and wise use of grenades.
For SMG you need to put your weapon on the obstacle ( you will see icon) in order to minimize recoil and increase accuracy. If you use Ppsh dont shoot short bursts as game has bug and first bullets disappear plus ingame Ppsh does not have single fire mode while in reality it had.
For the German weapons it is simplier - mp40/41 is good in short burst and StG acts almost like rifle in single fire mode.

Upvote 0
Hey all! I'm new here. I just got the game and wondered, What kind of tactics do you have to succeed in it, because I keep getting blown up. O and how do you hold down the recoil of the SMG

to reduce recoil, crouch or prone. have your stamina full, low stamina will increase recoil. best of the 3 rest your weapon on a surface, like sandbags you can even rest on walls when you put your weapon really close to it, not head on but the side of the weapon. and fire in short bursts not full auto unless you have to.

Upvote 0
By "blown up" I assume you mean by enemy artillary strikes. When you spawn, stop and look about for currently falling shells, and go another way out of the spawn. Guys running straight out of spawn into arty suffer from a "Lemming Syndrome" (joke, kinda :cool: ) If you mean getting blown up by enemy grenades, on most maps there are areas that typically are "nade spamming kill zones", you will just learn where they are as you play more. Welcome to RO! TWB*SlowBull

Upvote 0