• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Perk "BruteGunner" aka Heavy Gunner

Stock as in the ones that come with Server Perks?
Yes, check Marco's source files.

Actually... I never thought about looking at the source for the server perks... I'll take a look at them Thursday evening. Probably won't have time tonight... :/ but, from what Maddoxx was saying, sounds like it's just a star increase, and not a perk increase. That won't be a problem to fix. I will add several levels to both perks I have made. Maybe up to 15 to 20. That would take a long time to get that far.

I did however take a look at the kfmod stock perks last night, and they are setup different, compared to how mine are set. The stock perks must run off another file, didn't have time to trace the file down. The two perks I made, the perk progression is defined in the the perks source. I'll add more levels to each perk, i should be able to do it either Thursday night or Friday.

The reason I was wondering if the stock perks increased also in perks like ammo and damage increase, is because i would go ahead and add a level or two of increase to my two perks, while updating the perk progression (star increase). But, if the stock perks don't increase in anything but star increase, i'll just do the same for my two perks.

Working on a third perk, worked some more on it last night. Planning on spending some time on it this weekend :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually... I never thought about looking at the source for the server perks... I'll take a look at them Thursday evening. Probably won't have time tonight... :/ but, from what it Maddoxx was saying, sounds like it's just a start increase, and not a perk increase. That won't be a problem to fix. I will add several levels to both perks I have made. Maybe up to 15 to 20. That would take a long time to get that far.

I did however take a look at the kfmod stock perks last night, and they are setup different, compared to how mine are set. The stock perks must run off another file, didn't have time to trace the file down. The two perks I made, the perk progression is defined in the the perks source. I'll add more levels to each perk, i should be able to do it either Thursday night or Friday.

The reason I was wondering if the stock perks increased also in perks like ammo and damage increase, is because i would go ahead and add a level or two of increase to my two perks, while updating the perk progression (star increase). But, if the stock perks don't increase in anything but star increase, i'll just do the same for my two perks.

Working on a third perk, worked some more on it last night. Planning on spending some time on it this weekend :D

I would suggest you make a custom experience scale rather than using DoubleScaling because it will screw things up greatly after level 6.

Upvote 0
I would suggest you make a custom experience scale rather than using DoubleScaling because it will screw things up greatly after level 6.

I'm thinking mine is what would be called custom. Each level has a defined set number per each level. All I did was times each level by two, if I'm not mistaken. The Brute is double what other perks are, since he can really cause some damage in a hurry. :p

Upvote 0
I'm thinking mine is what would be called custom. Each level has a defined set number per each level. All I did was times each level by two, if I'm not mistaken. The Brute is double what other perks are, since he can really cause some damage in a hurry. :p

The thing about a custom scale is that it take a long time to do some tuning in order to make it balanced.

Upvote 0
The thing about a custom scale is that it take a long time to do some tuning in order to make it balanced.

Actually the Guardian is set with the same range as the stock perks through gold 6. The Brute is double each level. By custom I mean, that I have each level set to a certain number. I didn't use a code that would figure it up. :) hopefully that makes sense. :)

I will try and get both perks finished this evening into tonight, with more levels. I will probably go up to maybe 7 or 8 for each perk, and allow increases in certain perk attributes, possibly maybe even up to 9 or 10. As for perk star progression, i will probably go up to 15 to 20. I don't see many people hitting that high on the perks, but it will be there :p

Upvote 0
UPDATE V108

Changes:
1.Perk attribute progress now goes to LvL 8.
2.Perk progress as for stars now goes to LvL 20.
3.Changed perk attributes to help balance perk and the two added lvls.
4.Brute starts out with the SA80LSW, however, discount on weapons is way less than it was. One of several perk attribute changes ;)

After lvl 8, there might be one or two attributes that continue. I would have to look at the code again to see which ones, but, I'll leave that to anyone who goes over lvl 8 to figure out :D

Download link in first post :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually the Guardian is set with the same range as the stock perks through gold 6. The Brute is double each level. By custom I mean, that I have each level set to a certain number. I didn't use a code that would figure it up. :) hopefully that makes sense. :)

I will try and get both perks finished this evening into tonight, with more levels. I will probably go up to maybe 7 or 8 for each perk, and allow increases in certain perk attributes, possibly maybe even up to 9 or 10. As for perk star progression, i will probably go up to 15 to 20. I don't see many people hitting that high on the perks, but it will be there :p

If they like the perk, they will usually be able to reach level 20 within a week or so.

Upvote 0
NOTICE: IMPORTANT

Anyone that downloaded the BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV108 within the last hour or so... please delete that zip file and do not use the files.... I messed up on a line of code, to give the SA80... :( I have fixed it, and re-uploading the new zip file. I just do not want to do a version change for one line of code :( From my website, it doesn't look like anyone has downloaded it yet. So, hopefully i caught it in time. The file will be back up very shortly. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Amazing Perk! should be added in official killing foor. hahaha :D

Thank you :D Kinda doubt they will add it though :( It's kinda strong. However, it's not really the perk that's strong, but the weapons it uses. But, that's the point of the perk :p Plus since it's a Brute, I modified the guns a little, so the guns are a little stronger than what they were, but again, Brutes are big soliders, and there for, needs bigger guns :D

Glad you are enjoying the perk ;) A third one is about finished :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Me and Poosh have chatted and will work together to get my perks to work fully with Poosh's scrn mod. For the most recent BruteGunner file that will work with the scrn mod, go to the first post. The download will be there.

I will do my best to create a scrn perk with any new versions, it will be time depending, since I don't usually have much time during the week especially. When I do make an update, it will be in the regular server perks form. After I can test the newest version some and make sure there are no errors or problems, then I will create a scrn form of the perk. The reason for this, I don't want to take time making two versions, when something might be wrong... and then have to go back and fix twice the amount of stuff ;) Not a fan of doing double work for no reason :p

I'll do my best to keep the scrn perk up to date with the versions of each perk I create. Again, Poosh created this scrn for V108, and has gave me info on how to do the same to my other perks and any updates. Time will be the main thing, but again, I'll do my best :) I'm currently have just finished a new perk, which I will be posting soon. My time will be working on the problems on the perk for a while, unless I've hit it lucky and everything goes smooth... which... rarely happens.. :p

Thank you everyone for enjoying the perk and thank you Poosh for the info on creating the scrn form of the perk. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
By many ScrnBalance user requests I've made Brute Gunner's ScrN-version, which is based on ScrnBalance base perk and implies all its features, like custom weapon support. It requires ScrnBalance mutator to be installed, otherwise it won't work - in that case you should use original Brute Gunner's version. Both versions of the perk are identical in gameplay aspect, except level 7+ perk requirements (will be fixed in the next release of ScrnBalance mut.).

To add it to the game, add the following line in ServerPerks.ini:
Code:
Perks=ScrnBruteGunner108.ScrnVetBruteGunnerPerk
If you want to add custom weapons to this perk. Add the following line to ScrnBalance.ini (just an example that moves FNFAL from Commando to Brute Gunners perk):
Code:
CustomPerks=ScrnBruteGunner108.ScrnVetBruteGunnerPerk
PerkedWeapons=10:ScrnBalance.ScrnFNFAL_ACOG_AssaultRifle:W$APD
Ensure that lines above have been put under [ScrnBalance.ScrnBalance] group, not under ScrnMonstersMut!

One more important note: all further work on Brute Gunner will be done by Guardiannknight! Both regular and scrn versions. It's his perk and he'll decide how to change it (or do change it all?) in the future. So please don't even try to bother me with your suggestions about Brute Gunner.

Upvote 0
brute gunner SCRNbalance compatibility

brute gunner SCRNbalance compatibility

First off, I would like to thank BOTH GK and Poosh. GK for the mod and helping me troubleshoot it, and for Poosh for helping me in his SCRNbalance thread for getting an earlier version of this perk working with his mut/mod.

The fact that they 2 of you worked together to get version 1.08 compatible has made me extremely happy. Although I enjoyed the challenge of trying to port over all the coding for my server, I enjoy more that I no longer have too.

You guys are great, thank you so much.

Upvote 0
First off, I would like to thank BOTH GK and Poosh. GK for the mod and helping me troubleshoot it, and for Poosh for helping me in his SCRNbalance thread for getting an earlier version of this perk working with his mut/mod.

The fact that they 2 of you worked together to get version 1.08 compatible has made me extremely happy. Although I enjoyed the challenge of trying to port over all the coding for my server, I enjoy more that I no longer have too.

You guys are great, thank you so much.

Your welcome :D Glad your enjoying the perk. :p Poosh is the one the made 1.08 work with his mode :) He sent me info on how it's done, so I'll do my best to also release a perk version that will fully work with his mod, when I do future updates. :)

Upvote 0
yay! its good news that posh and you talked, now i can play heavy gunner with scrnbalance hehe :D thanks to you guys..

btw, i am confuse who to ask, if its you or posh, how do i remove the gun that brute gunner spawns?

because i find it a little bit imbalance as other class don't spawn weapons especialyl at level 3..

is there a way via editing file to remove the spawn weapon or raise the level when it spawn? (brute gunner)

Upvote 0