• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Perk "BruteGunner" aka Heavy Gunner

perk not working...

perk not working...

hey GK, I need some help please. I dl'ed your mod and followed your instructions completely, copied your folder structure to root Killing Floor install folder, but there are no signs of your mod working. I am currently using Marco's ServerPerks v6 so that shouldn't be the issue. Neither the new Perk nor the weapons (in trader menu) are showing. Below I give samples of appropiate areas of my config files to show I entered data correctly.

ServerPerks config

Code:
Perks=ScrnBalance.ScrnVetFieldMedic
Perks=ScrnBalance.ScrnVetSupportSpec
Perks=ScrnBalance.ScrnVetSharpshooter
Perks=ScrnBalance.ScrnVetFirebug
Perks=ScrnBalance.ScrnVetCommando
Perks=ScrnBalance.ScrnVetBerserker
Perks=ScrnBalance.ScrnVetDemolitions
Perks=ScrnBalance.ScrnVetGunslinger
Perks=BruteGunnerPerkV105.SRVetBruteGunnerPerk

Code:
TraderInventory=7:KFLv80.BioLauncherPickup
TraderInventory=7:KFLv80.BeanBagStunShotgunPickup
TraderInventory=7:KFLv80.MegaSpherePickup
TraderInventory=7:KFLv80.SoulSpherePickup
TraderInventory=8:BruteGunnerWeapV105.BruteChainGunPickup
TraderInventory=8:BruteGunnerWeapV105.BruteM249Pickup
TraderInventory=8:BruteGunnerWeapV105.BrutePKMPickup
TraderInventory=8:BruteGunnerWeapV105.BruteM41APickup
TraderInventory=9:KFLv80.DoomSentryBotPickup
TraderInventory=9:KFPortalTurret.PTurretPickup
TraderInventory=10:KFLv80.FlareGunPickup
TraderInventory=10:KFLv80.GlowstickPickup
WeaponCategories=Melee
WeaponCategories=Pistols
WeaponCategories=Shotguns
WeaponCategories=Sniper
WeaponCategories=A.R./SMG
WeaponCategories=Explosives
WeaponCategories=Incendiary
WeaponCategories=Medic
WeaponCategories=Heavy Machineguns
WeaponCategories=Sentry Tech
WeaponCategories=Misc.

Killing Floor Ini file

Code:
[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=256
UseSound=True
VoIPAllowVAD=False
ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=Core
ServerPackages=Engine
ServerPackages=Fire
ServerPackages=Editor
ServerPackages=IpDrv
ServerPackages=UWeb
ServerPackages=GamePlay
ServerPackages=UnrealGame
ServerPackages=XGame
ServerPackages=XInterface
ServerPackages=GUI2K4
ServerPackages=xVoting
ServerPackages=KFLv80
ServerPackages=KFLCharv3
ServerPackages=BruteGunnerWeapV105
UseStaticMeshBatching=True
ColorHighDetailMeshes=False
ColorSlowCollisionMeshes=False
ColorNoCollisionMeshes=False
ColorWorldTextures=False
ColorPlayerAndWeaponTextures=False
ColorInterfaceTextures=False
MainMenuClass=KFGUI.KFMainMenu
ConnectingMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4ServerLoading
DisconnectMenuClass=KFGUI.KFDisconnectPage
SinglePlayerMenuClass=KFGUI.KFMainMenu
InstantActionMenuClass=KFGUI.KFMainMenu
LoadingClass=ROInterface.ROServerLoading
ServerPackages=ROEffects
ServerPackages=ROEngine
ServerPackages=ROInterface
ServerPackages=KFMod
ServerPackages=KFChar

I tried it both with Poosh's SCRN Balance active, AND not active (just in case of compatability issues) but get same result.
so what am I missing? as far as I can tell, everything is correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
When you say you copied the folder structure to your killing floor directory. Did you place each file in the correct directory? Like, the files in the animation directory, over to the animation directory in your killing floor directory. And the files in the system directory to your killing floor system directory, etc etc.? Or did you unzip the files into its own directory, for example, killingfloor / brutegunner? Because usually when you unzip a file, it will place it in its own directory. Check to make sure each file I have in each of the directorys, goes to, for example.

The stuff in the zip system directory. Should go to your. Killingfloor /system directory.
The stuff in the zip animation directory. Should go to your killingfloor/animation directory
etc
etc

Other than that, you seem to have everything set up correctly. I'm at work, so i can't check the. Zip file to make sure the structure is correct. It should be though. I show several downloads for the file. But, not saying I didn't make a mistake putting the files together. Check what I was talking about above. If it still doesn't work, I'll check the zip when I get home after work.

Upvote 0
file structure

file structure

no need to check your zip GK. you had already separated all the assets correctly into their respective folders inside the zip file. As stated in my previous post, i copied your folder structure into my KF install directory merging each one with my own. ALL files are in the correct place. I did make sure to check that first before posting originally. That's why I found it odd that your mod is not hooking correctly with my game.

Is it possible that SCRNbalance mod could be causing a hidden conflict? I thought about that afterwards, plus I am also using SCRN's Doom conversion mod. I tried looking into it myself but came up empty.

Upvote 0
no need to check your zip GK. you had already separated all the assets correctly into their respective folders inside the zip file. As stated in my previous post, i copied your folder structure into my KF install directory merging each one with my own. ALL files are in the correct place. I did make sure to check that first before posting originally. That's why I found it odd that your mod is not hooking correctly with my game.

Is it possible that SCRNbalance mod could be causing a hidden conflict? I thought about that afterwards, plus I am also using SCRN's Doom conversion mod. I tried looking into it myself but came up empty.

Wanted to make for certain you placed the files correctly. Common mistake some make. But, as for it being compatible with the SCRNbalance mod, i'm not for certain... I've never used it on any of my servers. So, that is possible. Are you using any other custom perks that others have made? As for the Doom. Is it the Doom 1 mod or the Doom2 mod? I am running the Doom2 mod on one of my servers, and the perk works with no problem.

Upvote 0
There's also a couple of LMGs made by the Russians, including the SA-80 and RPK.

Thank you again :D I found the SA-80, but I could not find the RPK. Do you have a link for the RPK? I didn't see it listed on the thread they have going for their weapons on here.

EDIT:
Found the RPK, but it's not a downloadable weapon sadly. :\ I'll be adding the SA-80 to the perk though :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you using any other custom perks that others have made? As for the Doom. Is it the Doom 1 mod or the Doom2 mod? I am running the Doom2 mod on one of my servers, and the perk works with no problem.

1: Technically yes... Poosh's SCRNbalance mod does add a new Class called "Gunslinger". That was one reason why I asked about it possibly being a conflict. However, I did state that I couldn't get your's to work even with SCRNbalance not in the active mutator list. Either way.. i don't see why yours shouldn't work unless there is a cap on custom classes.

2: I'm actually using Marco's Doom 3 mod (i really love his work).
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=51253

with Poosh's compatibility patch for SCRNbalance.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70213558/KFSrc/ScrnDoom3KFBeta7.zip

and these mods work beautifully with each other under ServerPerks v6.
Now if I could just get your BruteGunner class to work to round out the repertoire, my server would be perfect. If it is even possible, which I hope so.

Upvote 0
2: I'm actually using Marco's Doom 3 mod (i really love his work).

I meant Doom3, sorry about that. :)

I'm a little lost on why it's not working... Are you getting any error message or messages when the servers starts, or is it not even recognizing it or loading it at all?

Also, does it show being loaded with all the other serverpackages when the server starts?

EDIT:

Also, try one of these perks made by other modders. I would say try my "The Guardian" Perk, but I would rather see if another modders perk would have the same problem.

Pointman:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=82881&highlight=pointman

2 Perks by ro_sauce
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=75010

Last edited:
Upvote 0
perk failure issue

perk failure issue

GK... you pointed out an issue that I forgot to check and report. The KF log does report errors. Sorry I missed that earlier. Instead of posting the entire report I have trimmed it down to only the pertinent issues in question.

Code:
ScriptLog: Mutators ZombieGhoul.GhoulMut,CustomWeldArmor.WeldArmor,BruteGunnerWeapV105.MutBruteM41A,ScrnMonstersMut.ScrnMonstersMut,ScrnDoom3KFBeta6.Doom3Mutator,SlavekZedsFix.KFReaverMut,KFMod.KillingFloorMut,KFMod.NoKarmaMut,ScrnBalance.ScrnBalance,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,WTF.WTFZombiesMut
Warning: Failed to load 'patgunv01': Can't find file for package 'patgunv01'
Warning: Failed to load 'BruteGunnerWeapV105': Can't find file for package 'patgunv01'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class BruteGunnerWeapV105.MutBruteM41A': Can't find file for package 'patgunv01'
Warning: Failed to load 'BruteGunnerWeapV105': Can't find file for package 'patgunv01'
Warning: Failed to load 'BruteGunnerPerkV105': Can't find file for package 'patgunv01'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class BruteGunnerPerkV105.SRVetBruteGunnerPerk': Can't find file for package 'patgunv01'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class BruteGunnerWeapV105.BruteChainGunPickup': Can't find file for package 'patgunv01'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class BruteGunnerWeapV105.BruteM249Pickup': Can't find file for package 'patgunv01'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class BruteGunnerWeapV105.BrutePKMPickup': Can't find file for package 'patgunv01'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class BruteGunnerWeapV105.BruteM41APickup': Can't find file for package 'patgunv01'

so the main culprit here seems to be a reference to the patgunv01 package being missing. I double checked your v105 and there is no such package included with the download. Ironically, there is a PatGun animation package included, but no meshes, sound, system, or texture files. maybe they were missed or part of another mod that I don't have?

hope this helps..

Upvote 0
GK... you pointed out an issue that I forgot to check and report. The KF log does report errors. Sorry I missed that earlier. Instead of posting the entire report I have trimmed it down to only the pertinent issues in question.

Thank you :) This is exactly what I needed to see :D Problem fixed ;) Enjoy the perk, I'll be adding two more weapons this weekend as long as I have free time. :D

Upvote 0
UPDATE V106

Changes:

Fixed a line of code that was causing the perk to look for patgunv01. (Where I got the ChainGun from as listed in my first post, all I did was modify the settings of the gun for the Brute Perk). Sorry about that. Thank you Sanguivore for showing me the error code you was getting. Problem fixed :)

Go to first post for download link :)

Upvote 0
working Brute gunner perk

working Brute gunner perk

That was it GK !!! ..... mut loaded and parsed correctly with a return of ZERO errors. Dumb dumb me should have checked the error log the first time... forgive me. Running a private custom built server I should have known better. Currently I am having issues adding custom weapons to the perk class, but I'm pretty sure that it is an ScrnBalance conflict.

BTW, i think this is an awesome start to a viable new Perk class and am enjoying giving it a test drive. Haven't gotten used to the slower movement aspect yet (got easily swarmed a few times), but he took the onslaught like a champ! Looking forward to testing more creations of yours in the future.

Upvote 0
That was it GK !!! ..... mut loaded and parsed correctly with a return of ZERO errors. Dumb dumb me should have checked the error log the first time... forgive me. Running a private custom built server I should have known better. Currently I am having issues adding custom weapons to the perk class, but I'm pretty sure that it is an ScrnBalance conflict.

BTW, i think this is an awesome start to a viable new Perk class and am enjoying giving it a test drive. Haven't gotten used to the slower movement aspect yet (got easily swarmed a few times), but he took the onslaught like a champ! Looking forward to testing more creations of yours in the future.

Great to hear :D And thank you :D Hope you enjoy the perk, and I do plan on adding at least two more weapons to it, maybe a few more down the road... ;) But I will continue and plan to use the perk and try to balance it out along with it's weapons :)

I've started work on another perk class, but, this next one is going to take a lot more time to create :) Considering also, I'll have to work on it mainly on weekends, since I did "The Guardian" and "BruteGunner" on my week vacation :p

Upvote 0