• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Perk "BruteGunner" aka Heavy Gunner

UPDATE V111See below :)

NOTICE
For V108 of the BruteGunner, for SCRN Balance mod by Poosh, go to the very bottom of this post. :) You will still need to download the regular server perks version below. The scrn file is just the .u file for the perk, that goes in the killingfloor system directory :)

Here is the other perk I was working on along with "The Guardian" I've tested it out and everything seems to be working good. :) If you find a problem with a part of the perk that isn't working for this perk or "The Guardian" perk, please let me know. :) I'll continue testing both. :) I have made a install readme to help installing the perk. The perk contains 4 custom guns, so there is a little down load to this. In the readme and as well as below is more info on the perk and also thanks to those that made the weapons I used in the perk. :) Hopefully I didn't leave anyone out. :)

Also, as with "The Guardian" perk, none of the weapons have been re-skinned. That is my next thing to look into and learn. Not really much I would do to re-skin the weapons in this perk, other than maybe add the BruteGunner symbol to the weapons :)

BruteGunner (Heavy Gunner)

Install:
I have broken the files down to the correct directories.
Perk Works with Marco's server perks

Copy files from each folder to the same folder in your killing floor directory.

Add to server perks
BruteGunnerPerkV111.SRVetBruteGunnerPerk

Add the following, to add the weapons
BruteGunnerWeapV111.BruteChainGunPickup
BruteGunnerWeapV111.BruteM249Pickup
BruteGunnerWeapV111.BrutePKMPickup
BruteGunnerWeapV111.BruteM41APickup
BruteGunnerWeapV111.BruteRPK47Pickup
BruteGunnerWeapV111.BruteSA80LSWPickup
BruteGunnerWeapV111.BruteAUG_A1ARPickup

Add the following to your killingfloor.ini file
ServerPackages=BruteGunnerWeapV111

The BruteGunner is a large fellow. And for this, he is a slow mover. He specializes in heavy weapons, the Brute PKM, M249, M41A and ChainGun. All the guns are modified to be handled by the Brute, because of this, each weapon weighs more and does more damage... and cost more to ;) The Brute's perk points, are double what other perk classes are.

Have fun blasting away Zeds with this big guy, especially later in the BruteGunner's later perk levels. :D

Thanks,
Guardian

I would also like to take this time to thank all the people that made the weapons I have placed in this perk. :)

For the M249 and PKM, came from the KFL package. So, a big thanks for the creators of that package and also I'm thinking the creators of the weapons came from Russian modders, because there are parts of the descriptions I could not read. :D

For the M41A, came from BrainDead and Hemi. A big thanks for that weapon :D It's a awesome weapon. :D

For the ChainGun, this came from the Pat Gun perk, from ro_sauce :) Thank you for making this great weapon as well. :D

I hope I didn't leave anyone out on the weapons.

I also would like to thank all those here on the www.forums.tripwireinteractive.com for the tutorials and all the other info on here that has been posted, that helped me learn and figure out how to make this mod/perk, as well as the other one "The Guardian" which I just posted a day or so ago. :)

Thanks again :) Enjoy :)

Update: BruteGunner V111
Spoiler!

UPDATE BruteGunnerV108
Spoiler!

UPDATE BruteGunnerV107
UPDATE V107
Spoiler!

UPDATE BruteGunnerV106
Spoiler!

UPDATE BruteGunnerV105
Spoiler!

UPDATE

V103 of BruteGunner
Spoiler!

V102 of BruteGunner
Spoiler!

DOWNLOAD BELOW

BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV101
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=11&ttitle=BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV101

BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV102
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=13&ttitle=BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV102

BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV103
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=15&ttitle=BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV103

BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV105
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=16&ttitle=BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV105

BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV106
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=19&ttitle=BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV106

BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV107
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=21&ttitle=BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV107

BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV108
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=24&ttitle=BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV108

BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV111
http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=42&ttitle=BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV111

pics below

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Attachments

• ScrnBruteGunner108.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
For anyone that downloaded the .zip before just now, the Patgun file is placed in the wrong directory. I have it in the textures dir, it should be in the animation dir. I have fixed this and am re-uploading the file as I type this. If you did download it already, no biggy, the files are still good. Just move the Patgun file from the textures dir to the animation dir. Sorry about that... :\

Also, not long after that... found i left out the icon texture file... :\ sorry again... but I did add it and re-upload the file. So, if you downloaded the files earlier, then you will need to download them again. Everything is there now... Sorry about that. Been working on both perks all weekend long.... Was just excited to get this both perks done and get them uploaded here and then play them on my servers :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SRLevelEffects[0]="5% more damage with Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|no increase in carry weight|0% larger Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun clip|5% less recoil with Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|40% slower movement speed|2% less damage from Bloat Bile|5% resistance to all damage|0% resistance to Explosives|10% discount on Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun"

SRLevelEffects[1]="10% more damage with Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|2 extra weight slots|25% larger Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun clip|10% less recoil with Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|35% slower movement speed|4% less damage from Bloat Bile|10% resistance to all damage|10% resistance to Explosives|20% discount on Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun"

SRLevelEffects[2]="20% more damage with Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|4 extra weight slots|75% larger Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun clip|15% less recoil with Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|30% slower movement speed|7% less damage from Bloat Bile|20% resistance to all damage|20% resistance to Explosives|30% discount on Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|Zed-Time can be extended by killing an enemy while in slow motion"

SRLevelEffects[3]="30% more damage with Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|6 extra weight slots|100% larger Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun clip|20% less recoil with Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|25% slower movement speed|10% less damage from Bloat Bile|30% resistance to all damage|30% resistance to Explosives|40% discount on Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|Spawn with Body Armor|Up to 2 Zed-Time Extensions"

SRLevelEffects[4]="40% more damage with Brute M249PKM/M41A/ChainGun|8 extra weight slots|150% larger Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun clip|30% less recoil with Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|20% slower movement speed|15% less damage from Bloat Bile|40% resistance to all damage|40% resistance to Explosives|50% discount on Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|Spawn with Body Armor|Up to 3 Zed-Time Extensions"

SRLevelEffects[5]="50% more damage with Brute M249PKM/M41A/ChainGun|16 extra weight slots|175% larger Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun clip|30% less recoil with Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|15% slower movement speed|20% less damage from Bloat Bile|50% resistance to all damage|50% resistance to Explosives|60% discount on Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|Spawn with Body Armor|Up to 4 Zed-Time Extensions"

SRLevelEffects[6]="50% more damage with Brute M249PKM/M41A/ChainGun|20 extra weight slots|200% larger Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun clip|50% less recoil with Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|10% slower movement speed|25% less damage from Bloat Bile|60% resistance to all damage|60% resistance to Explosives|70% discount on Brute M249/PKM/M41A/ChainGun|Spawn with a Brute M249 and Body Armor|Up to 4 Zed-Time Extensions"

Upvote 0
Don't forget BrainDead, he coded it. I just planted the model in KF, with a few animations and sfx. He did the rest.

Thank you for letting me know. :) I added BrainDead to the first post and will add his name to the .txt file for the mod. Not able to do it right away, but will do it here in a few hours. :)

What kind of weapons are "The Phoenix" and "Shock Rifle" ?

Both weapons came from the KFL mod pack. The Phoenix is a glowing Scar rifle. I'm not for certain if it does different damage, because I'm not using the perks from KFL on my heavy modded server, i'm using some of it's weapons and zeds. I have several and I do mean several mods running on my heavy modded server, called it Swarmed, name defines it's self :p But, it may be modified with certain perks, but as for regular use, i think it does about the same or the same damage as the Scar, but it glows :)

The shock rifle is pretty much a rifle that when it hits it's target, electric shock flies around it. From the way i can tell it's setup, it's using a bullet projectile, and when it hits, it hits as a explosive. Because if your to close, you'll take damage as well. It's actually a pretty fun weapon to use :p It's kinda like the explosive A12 from the WTF package, but made as a rifle with cool electric hit effects added :D It's also on my heavy modded server.

If you want to test them, join the server called "Guardians-Swarmed" at the beginning of the title of the server. But, if you don't play many modded servers, like KFL or DeadSpace and such, look forward to a long download to join the server. Because, there's a lot of mods running. ;) I always suggest people changed their cache settings in there client killingfloor.ini file, so they can keep their downloaded content longer. Below is a link to my website forums that tells how to do it. It's an easy fix. :D

http://www.guardiansworlds.com/modules/forums/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=141&p=378#p378

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Got it!

But now i get "failed to load BruteGunnerWeapV101: Cant find file for package patgunv01".

You must have downloaded the .zip when I first posted it. Read my 2nd post ;) I had placed the PatGun.ukx file in the texture directory, when it should have been placed in the animations directory. I have since fixed that, and re-uploaded the .zip. The files and .zip you have are good. Just move the file from the textures directory to the animations directory. :)

Well done, nice to see some proper credit given. I may look at the perk description and give some pointers if needed but for now, good job. Welcome to the modding community ;)

Thank you :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You must have downloaded the .zip when I first posted it. Read my 2nd post ;) I had placed the PatGun.ukx file in the texture directory, when it should have been placed in the animations directory. I have since fixed that, and re-uploaded the .zip. The files and .zip you have are good. Just move the file from the textures directory to the animations directory. :)

Thank you :D

Got it working!

Except....whenever i start listenserver all my points reset to 0 for all perks, even if i can pick lv 6 from perklist with esc-button.

Upvote 0
Got it working!

Except....whenever i start listenserver all my points reset to 0 for all perks, even if i can pick lv 6 from perklist with esc-button.

Marco's server perks are just as the name sounds, the perks are kept on your server ;) They are not kept on Steam :) Marco's server perks allow you to customize the game, and keep perk scoring on your server only. :)

Also, I have never ran a listening server, so, not for certain how the setup is for those. I run all my server dedicated, so not for certain if the setup for a listening is the same for a dedicated.. I would think it would be, but, you shouldn't be seeing level 6 perks, if the server perks mod is running correctly.. :\

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you very much, great perk! :cool:

Can I get a new poorer version?! (newly named)

Parameters:

Perk:
MachineGunnerV100.SRVetMachineGunnerPerk
perk max block 25 (not 35)
Level 6 spawns PKM (basic ammo)
without armor (never)

Weapons:
MachineGunnerWeapV100.MGChainGunPickup
weapon block 15 (not 16)
weapon slot 4

MachineGunnerWeapV100.MGM249Pickup
weapon block 11 (current)
weapon slot 4

MachineGunnerWeapV100.MGPKMPickup
weapon block 7 (not 10)
weapon slot 3

MachineGunnerWeapV100.MGM41APickup
weapon block 9 (not 14)
weapon slot 3
1mag = 100 ammo
priced lowered

I would really appreciate! ;)

Upvote 0
Thank you very much, great perk! :cool:

Thank you :D Glad you enjoy it :D

Can I get a new poorer version?! (newly named)

Sorry, but as simple as this may sound, this would take several hours to do. I'm not sure you know or understand how many hours goes into coding. It wouldn't take as long as making a new perk from scratch because the code is there and just needs to be tweaked, but, it still would require several hours to do. The names for all the source would need to be changed and then parts inside of each source file.... Really not worth the time just for minor changes to a perk in my opinion. ;)

If what your looking for is to be able to buy the weapons easier, the best opinion I could give would be to go into your serves killingfloor.ini file, and give more starting money. :) Or, you can of coarse learn coding and make a perk the way your requesting. I'm not being smart when saying that by the way :) Just giving ideas :) You'll quickly see how much time goes into coding.

Like even for this small update from v102 to v103... just changing the percent off on one gun. i then had to go back and go through each source file to change the version names... by the time i did that, ran and compiled them(since it was a simple change, compile went through first time... not so lucky when major changes or starting from scratch), fixed the files to be downloaded by others, compress and upload the files to my forwarding server, then place the new versions on my server... it takes a while... :\

The reason I have been able to work on both perks I made so much this week, is because I've been on vacation. If not for that, it would have been a couple weeks to a month to get the perks mods out, because I would really only be able to work on them during the weekend :( Maybe a hour or two after work... maybe...

Again, not being harsh here, just explaining, and for others to read also. ;)

Thank you,
Guardian :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
UPDATE V105

1: Removed black backing from BruteGunner icon.

2: Changed prices of weapons a little to help balance weapons and perk.
PKM 300 cheaper
M249 100 cheaper
M41A 600 more
ChainGun 600 more

3: Very slight changes to damage for each weapon, you won't be able to tell any difference, only plus or minus a point or two.

Go to first post for download link :)

Upvote 0