• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Patch Feedback

Yup, played as a German Assault hero with an AVT against my friend who was Russian assault hero with an Mkb.

My gut feeling is that PPSh and MP40 should be usable as enemy loadouts for veteran Axis/Russians, but Avt and Mkb feel pretty ridiculous.

Also, is everyone bot farming to get to these levels? - Surely it's simply not possible to play that much RO2?

Upvote 0
It's certainly an improvement, but IMO, there are still too many SMGs on the battlefield. A couple of nights ago I was playing on a full 64 player server playing Commissar's House, and 18 players on my team (Russian) had SMGs or semi-autos, with only 12 using rifles. One reason for this was the fact that, despite the fact that tanks were disabled (as they are on most servers, for good reason), there were still 4 AT class slots (satchels, AT grenade -- not AT rifle), and all of those players were using SMGs.

So in summary, things are getting better, but I think that either TWI should eliminate AT classes from maps when tanks are disabled, or make those classes use rifles instead of SMGs.

Err...

AT-classes have AT-rifles, right?

Upvote 0
As for the assault, elite, etc changes, they make the game so much more balanced. I must admit that, with more bolts going arround, the game is much less of a run-fest and a more tactical gameplay is required to the fact that most players are using bolts. I am extremely pleased with the patch.

I don't play RO for "balance." If I want that, I'll go play DOD:S or COD, with the only differences being the skins. No, I want to know that whatever weapon or tactic I'm using has a realistic strength or weakness.

Upvote 0
I don't play RO for "balance." If I want that, I'll go play DOD:S or COD, with the only differences being the skins. No, I want to know that whatever weapon or tactic I'm using has a realistic strength or weakness.

+1

I don't like a balance with counterparts. Not every weapon need a counterweapon, same for games like Men of War, not every unit need a counterunit, that

Upvote 0