• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Paid Weapons

SherlockKush

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 13, 2019
I can't be the only one that thinks it's absurd the Mosin and Glock and Riot Shield are locked behind paywalls, right?
I can tell you right now I would love to have the Mosin, but I promise you I will not purchase it.
Unfortunate.
Keep in mind I absolute lovely KF2, and this was just a really odd move in my opinion. Don't even get me started on the price, which adds insult to injury in my opinion.
You are going to add paid weapon DLC? Sure. 7.50 a pop? C'mon.

Reactions: benjasvin1
I feel ya.

I picked up both. My curiosity got the best of me lol.

I think the glock/riot shield is a blast. There are a couple things about it that should be tweaked in my opinion.

But the mosin.... Just... Ugh. Yuck!
I will NEVER opt for that before going for an EBR or persuing a rail gun/AMR build. With its relatively low fire rate and AWKWARD bolt action animation, it's kill rate is out-performed by almost every weapon on the SS's roster!

I really wished both weapons, but primarily the mosin, would have cross-perked with zerker. I suppose it maybe would grant zerker too much versatility or whatever. But, I frequently get bored with zerker, and I just want to shoot stuff without using the viscerator every single match. And the VLAD-1k- even with the buffs.....It's still just boo.

Upvote 0
Even during beta 1 i pointed out that mossin needs a dmg buff, or otherwise it becomes pointless gun that takes too long to kill 1 big zed, and not sustainable enough to fight off a big squad of zeds.

G18 on the other hand im having, already dmg reduction saved my ass a couple of times, and it shreds zeds quite comfortably.
2 main issues being too large of a zoom in when ads'ing, and a bit too large of a spread from the hip.
And i guess that you can't just use full block with alt fire.... instead its used for fire mode switch which is pointless.

Tbh, the shield should have been something like "Le Roc" Extendable Shield that Montagne has in R6 Siege.
So with alt fire you could extend it, to cover yourself from more damage (instead of x0.4 to maybe x0.6 or x0.75) with a wider cover range to maybe 200-210 degrees angle.
Or just copy pasting the shield and mace from bers where alt fire can parry and just block oncoming dmg at increased dmg resistance (u know, the lazier way going about it.)

Upvote 0
Being able to try the weapons using the console is a real blessing and I really hope it won't get removed afterward (why would it be?)

I do agree that paying for them is kind of a dick move. We've been asking for a bolt-action rifle and for the riot shield for YEARS now. Adding them behind a paywall is really disappointing.

Not to mention, as s5yn3t said, that the Mosin is massively underwhelming so far. Classy and fun to use... But hardly competitive compared to the M14 (or even centerfire). What a shame.

Upvote 0
I like the Mossin as it's a fun weapon for the sharp. The shield and glock can be fun too for the swat. I do wish there was a way to unlock weapons (and or skins) with the dosh from the dosh vault. I feel dosh crates have too limited a selection. The more hours people play should unlock more items. I do wish the Mossin was a bit lighter in weight.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
I like the Mossin as it's a fun weapon for the sharp. The shield and glock can be fun too for the swat. I do wish there was a way to unlock weapons (and or skins) with the dosh from the dosh vault. I feel dosh crates have too limited a selection. The more hours people play should unlock more items. I do wish the Mossin was a bit lighter in weight.

This or the good ol' way : do a serie of tasks or challenges and earn a weapon for doing so ! With the option of buying the gun if you want to use it directly.

Upvote 0
With player hosted servers, stats can't be trusted. So if there were two options "pay now, or work to unlock" a good chunk of people would mess with stats to just unlock. See Dosh Vault.

You probably already answered that somewhere, but wouldn't it be possible to whitelist/blacklist some maps to avoid such things? Or tie the stats only to certain servers that use the proper "Tripwire stats" ?

If I'm not mistaken, most maps couldn't increase your stats back in KF1 for that very reason. Even maps like "Levelyourperks" didn't serve any purpose because they weren't whitelisted.

But I have no idea how that works, so I suppose you have good reasons to do so.

Upvote 0
Zero interest in these weapons.

I've likely spent over 500 dollars on the community market in past years on KF2 things, but nothing about these weapons intrigues me enough to fork over the money [maybe if I like SWAT more I'd buy the shield/glock?].

I play a decent amount of Zerk, but I find the lightsaber knockoff to be a bit too cheap to want..

On a related note to the lightsaber, what's with all the borderline copyright infringments in Kf2? :)

I finally got around to seeing some of the newer emotes and some are directly taken from DBZ anime lol.

So now we have the Boba Fett armor skin and a dark side lightsaber to go along with a Spirit Bomb [Goku] emote and a Final Form [likely Frieza, maybe Majin Buu?] emote from DBZ?

I'm not objecting to their inclusion but I'm surprised this was legally allowed since they seem pretty blatant lol. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
The pose itself is not copyrightable - but the striking of the pose (aka the emote) is...

I only know that after all the nonsense with Usain Bolt after the Olympics, so yeah - you're wrong, Flips.

In this case I suppose they wouldn't consider it a symbol or logo though so that's probably where the gray area lies.

"Physical poses and the actual physical configuration of body parts do not qualify as trademarks in the abstract (although certain poses or physical movements could potentially be copyrightable, for example in ballet choreography). However, the stylized silhouette or image of a person striking a pose can be protected under trademark law if used as a symbol or logo to identify the source of a product or service "

Upvote 0