• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New mode called 'Relaxed' needed

gusone

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
Yeh why not? All we are getting is a constant stream of 'OMG. Noobs" or "CoD players bluerghh" or "No strategy just mongol rushing ruining the game" etc. So why not a make a 'Relaxed' mode.

In 'Relaxed' mode there is no TK, you have more stamina, yeh you get 5 grenades and a ton of ammo and other cool stuff. If you play on a 'Relaxed' server then you level slower obviously. But the important thing is that it will attract more people.

It's about bums of seats people. I think it's a great idea. You all have read the 'cancelling RO2 too hard' posts. They are not alone. Maybe the Relaxed Realism bar is still too high? Time to lower the bar. More Day of the Defeat style.

Meanwhile you hardcore lot can continue creep off to your realism servers and spend 5 minutes RO1 crawling into battle only to get headshot.

You all have read the 'cancelling RO2 too hard' posts. They are not alone.

And why is that bad? If Ro2 is too hard for them, let them leave. If they want to play CoD, they should play CoD instead of RO.

I personally don't think it would be wise for TW to cater to every demographic, and the CoD players (which I myself am, on console for some relaxed blasting away) have enough "different" games to chose from.

Reactions: LHeureux
Upvote 0
I don't necessarily see the bad in a game (based on a lot of flexible variables) allowing itself to be played multiple ways. It might change what RO2 gets known for if the majority finds they actual prefer it more casual....but that's down the road.

Anyways, between custom realism, mutators and modding I think we're probably OK and someone can make a very relaxed realism server if they want. I think the big issue is that it's hard to predict what all features you're getting in custom. A couple times I've joined a normal server and had different options in place or missing. Even going by realism type it can still be kind of a grab bag. So making it easier for people to figure out what all is in a game type and what game type the servers are offering would be good, especially when custom servers are more common.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RO is a Realism FPS, if you want arcade run and gun games there are plenty of others to choose from. RO HoS will come into its own about a month after release when all the strategy deficient players disappear leaving just the hardcore players to get on with some real combat gaming!

This is the way of things and it will be as true with this as it was with RO 41-45 and the RO mod. All we have to do is sit back and be patient :D

Upvote 0
Yeh I realise it's a little late for the launch build. I think it's a super game but it is hard and chaotic even in relaxed realism when everyone is doing the mongel charging and headless chicken impressions. You could see why some people would not enjoy the experience as much. Yet they tried because they would love to play a great WW2 game with great maps, content and features from an excellent customer friendly developer.

So in the future how about a relaxed Day of the Defeat type mode to be released. It'll sell even more in the sales...

Random musing from a fan.

Upvote 0