• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Medic Weapons

Bill Nye The Science Spy

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
America
I know some of these has been suggested before and these are the make the medic more appealing.I like playing medic but i dont find them as much fun as the other classes. The weapons:

-Medic Grenades
Cost:$70. You can choose whether to buy these or normal grenades but you can only still carry 5. Each one heals by 30 hp to everyone in the blast. Yes i know this might seem Over Powered but its 70 per grenade if on HoE or Suicidal your whole team is low on health you throw 3 grenades and everyone is back at full health. But to do that you just used $210. And The grenade blast is like the green gas from the MP7.

-Medic Shotgun ( haven't thought of a name for it)
Cost:As much as MP7 (also same ammo cost) It holds 4 shells at a time with 66 ammo extra. It does less damage then the normal pump action shotgun and does not have a flashlight but it has the same healing as the MP7. Maybe doing 200 at point blank? A shell shoots 8 pellets each doing 25. (You can have both MP7 and medic Shotgun but they both share the same healing dart charge)

If you have any other medic Weapon ideas Just post it and i might add it on this list.

-

It has been 8 days since the medic shotgun thread (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=49365) was last posted in and it was on the front page for almost a month.

The medic grenade has been discussed since the mod days and there has always been tons of opposition to the idea.

Regardless if "some of these has been suggested before" but this does not warrant a new thread unless you have some new paradigm that you want to share.

Upvote 0
2m4alo2.jpg

How about a M7A3 for a new weapon? Anyone with me? :)

Upvote 0
I'll back the M7A3, it is already pretty much finished. :D
I laso like the Medic Shotgun with SPRAY heal rather than the dart heal, would help to suit the shotgun idea of close range.
Not sure on the different affects, i'd give them ago, but I think that that would be changing the dynamics of the game quite a lot, and possibly not for the better...

Upvote 0
A replacement for the current Syringe gun I just thought of.

Making it function much like the Pneumatic weapons in Metro 2033, exept it shoots heaing syringes.

You can pump it up to build up the pressure, making healing needles that can close distances alot quicker, but the pressure is lost over time.

I dunno, the spray sounds kinda neat. Reminds me of First Aid Spray in RE.

As for the M7A3, i'm kinda against it because it seems like MP7++, nor is it very unique in function.

Upvote 0
How about a M7A3 for a new weapon? Anyone with me? :)

I'm not. Medic has the best defenses by far along with the biggest and fastest healing. Giving them a highly effective perked weapon is pushing them back up into OP territory. After all, the only thing that really distinguishes them from the OP zerker is the magnetic clot grab.

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0
I'm not. Medic has the best defenses by far along with the biggest and fastest healing. Giving them a highly effective perked weapon is pushing them back up into OP territory. After all, the only thing that really distinguishes them from the OP zerker is the magnetic clot grab.

The fact they can't stunlock scrakes, do less damage, run slower and that FP kiting takes longer don't count? :confused:

I thought that after the latest patch the less damage and slower movement would've made a bigger difference. :eek:

However i get where you're coming from. However, with an MP7, M7A3 and katana, give or take pipe bombs, will they be able to deal out the same damage as other perks or 1014 medic?

Also what about after they lose their armour? 2 low calibre weapons aren't exactly the best defence from a thing that cut its arm off and skinned itself alive.

Upvote 0
I rather like the M7A3 tbh. It does need a little bit more polishing up in some of the animations. Given appropraite thought to balance it could be very good.

Spoiler!

Personally I would really like the see the M7A3, but I feel it should be the inverse of the Mp7M. A less useful healing tool, but more efficient defensive tool.

My proposed stats are: -

Damage: 37
Clip: 15
Fire Rate: 0.105 secs
Weight: 6Kg
Each heal costs 100% of heal charge

Damage is slightly higher than the MAC since it is a rifle, but lower than the Ak. The clip is only 15 but is doubled to 30 by the Medic perk bonus. Its firerate lies between the bullpup and the AK, as I feel its a nice managable RoF. The heal reduction is to keep the Mp7 in the running as a option, better healing vs. greater slef defence.

An alternative option to the 100% heal charge is tying the heal charge of the Mp7 & M7A3 together, I'd be happy with whichever.

Upvote 0