• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] New Maps Unplayable

CaptRanger

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2006
www.highest-degree.com
With the exception of Grain Elevator, the new maps cause me to crash after about 5-10 minutes of play. I even crash now on Gumrak, which worked perfectly pre-patch!

I've lowered my graphics settings (still average about 60 fps until the sudden crash), verified integrity of game files, and defraged game files. Nothing has helped so far.

They game ran perfectly on Ultra until this patch!

Quick system specs:
Intel Quad Core 2.5Hz
GeForce GTX 580
6 GB RAM
Intel Integrated Sound

Logs:
http://www.multiupload.com/DXGA14A277

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    39 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Same: Crashing on everything but grain elevator

Same: Crashing on everything but grain elevator

Before, I could play well on high settings but regularly crashed on fallen fighters. I got a outofmemory error. Post-patch, everything but grain elevator is crashing, even on medium settings. I'm guessing I might get maps to work on lowest settings. I'm guessing this is a memory issue as the errors I'm seeing in the logs and from windows say that virtual memory ran out (I have 35 gigs free on my hard drive). I do only have 2gigs of ram, but still. My graphics card is gtx460 760meg. Dump file attached ... or not--forums say it's an invalid file. Okay, launch file attached, if that helps at all.

Attachments

• Launch-backup-2011.09.04-18.01.38.log
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Update: I tried 16 channel sound and was able to play a full map of barracks. Then I played a full TE map of Grain. When we switched back to barracks, the game crashed after 2 minutes of play. It was right after Arty was called, but not sure if that matters...

Graphic settings make no difference. I updated my SigmaTel sound drivers and that didn't seem to make any difference either.

I'm starting to lean towards the idea that it's something to do with a conflict with my sound card. Any additional help would be appreciated!

Upvote 0