• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] New Lucas Arts game to be announced tomorrow

KrazyKraut

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Beer capital of the world
Quoting Kotaku:

LucasArts Games promsies to unveil a new and exciting game based on an existing franchise on Monday.

"Amazing news coming Monday! Super excited! You have no idea how tough it is not to start yelling about it! But it's secret! Until Monday!"

The game, they say, will be "awesome news for old school fans."

I'm crossing my fingers for TIE-Fighter II, would settle for a new Dark Forces (or "Jedi Knight" for the children) and fear another one of those Episode I-III **** games.

A new Indiana Jones would be cool, too. But then, there might be nuke-resistant fridges and lame sidekicks.

tie fighter was the last really good game i saw from lucasarts.
if thats the new game, then they will have to their verry best to screw this one up. though they managed to do it each time with nearly every game since.
i can already see how they can add all special fancy things and ships that weren't in any movie, and that totally wouldn't fit either.

Upvote 0
SWBF 2 suffered from a dodgy patch that only worked properly for the US version IIRC, splitting up the playerbase. The game has a v disappointing number of players on eur servers - where i think more ppl stick with the first game anyway.
If it all gets brought in line via steam it might see a small resurgence.

Then again it's only SWBF2 we're talking about - which I thought despite extra features was a disappointing step backwards from the first one in terms of gameplay.
But at least if they also decide to allow you to regester your old retail copy to steam , I wouldn't need to go to the effort of digging up the disks - if i ever fancied the odd evening of relentless sci-fi corridoor-based rocket spam.

Upvote 0
There is Force Unleashed and that Clone Wars game it maybe be not what you expect from a lightsaber game but this is probably as close as it gets.

Also when did Lucas Arts actually make the last good game? I can't remember they only sold the licenses for Star Wars etc in the last years. The grand era of Lucas Arts is over and it will never come back ...

Upvote 0