• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Killing Floor update?

I was just being sarcastic and playing off of the recent Columbus Day weekend.

The regular answer to your question is:
The event that Americans commonly call the "First Thanksgiving" was celebrated to give thanks to Native Americans for helping the Pilgrims of Plymouth Colony survive their first brutal winter in New England.[2] The first Thanksgiving feast lasted three days, providing enough food for 53 pilgrims and 90 Native Americans.

...but then you get people with too much time on their hands making statements like this on wikipedia. >_>

Much like Columbus Day, Thanksgiving is seen by some as a celebration of the conquest and genocide of Native Americans by European colonists. Professor Dan Brook of UC Berkeley condemns the "cultural and political amnesia" of Americans that celebrate Thanksgiving, saying that "We do not have to feel guilty, but we do need to feel something."[49] Professor Robert Jensen of the University of Texas at Austin is somewhat harsher, saying that "One indication of moral progress in the United States would be the replacement of Thanksgiving Day and its self-indulgent family feasting with a National Day of Atonement accompanied by a self-reflective collective fasting."

And now I'm done with being off topic. (mah b)

Upvote 0
Halloween is coming. How about an event update?

Halloween is coming. How about an event update?

If there is one thing i liked it was the Christmas and the Summer events.

Those really brang fun to the game, now .. Tripwire has not done so many events since then. But i dont mind at all.

So now that Halloween is coming how about a event update? New reskins? Maps? MAYBE characters? All i know is that it's possible and that i want it ..

I am suprised nobody else on the forum has barely mentioned this.

Upvote 0
Wha-? They haven't done much? The summer event was this year and Twisted Christmas ended in January. If anything is added it'd only be a title menu change, or possibly even a single map as 4 of the new achievements could be for that. More likely, it'll just be 7 achievements related to killing freaks which we all know and love.

...Not to mention TWI has given absolutely no indication of a full-blown Halloween event with new models, voices, etc. This means it won't happen, not even by Halloween day. By all accounts there isn't enough manpower or incentive to do so.

Really, it seems all you know is that you want it.

Upvote 0
Wha-? They haven't done much? The summer event was this year and Twisted Christmas ended in January. If anything is added it'd only be a title menu change, or possibly even a single map as 4 of the new achievements could be for that. More likely, it'll just be 7 achievements related to killing freaks which we all know and love.

...Not to mention TWI has given absolutely no indication of a full-blown Halloween event with new models, voices, etc. This means it won't happen, not even by Halloween day. By all accounts there isn't enough manpower or incentive to do so.

Really, it seems all you know is that you want it.

I didnt mean it like that, you took it as if i just said that TWI is the worst developer company ever.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
so its going to be more closer to christmass than closer to halloween.

no ... they finally realize the grandness of sinterklaas and are doing a sinterklaas themed one !!!

081129_sinterklaas_duits_02.jpg

Upvote 0
New (currently locked) achievements have been added to the list. It was first mentioned in this thread, then here, here, here, and here.
In addition to that, Zips has been making rather obvious statements which people have been disregarding. HuNteR- has pointed them out.
We cannot say for sure if there will be an event for Halloween, or Thanksgiving, or some other holiday, but there is definitely something coming.

Last edited:
Upvote 0