• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New IRC Quotes Thread!

<[TOC]Leviathan-> i want INS on ps4
<[TOC]Leviathan-> :|
<[TOC]Leviathan-> ofp ****s
<[TOC]Leviathan-> :/
* Tomcat_ha|laptop slaps [TOC]Leviathan- around a bit with a large trout
* Tomcat_ha|laptop impales [TOC]Leviathan-'s anus on a trout
* Kingswat slaps [TOC]Leviathan- around a bit with a large trout
<[TOC]Leviathan-> :\
<Tomcat_ha|laptop> if that is your opinion
<Tomcat_ha|laptop> then you dont belong in this community
<Tomcat_ha|laptop> oh mai
<Tomcat_ha|laptop> that sentence is not very friendly
<[TOC]Leviathan-> isnt this INS community ? :p
<Kingswat> ins is a mod for ofp
<[TOC]Leviathan-> it is ? :eek:
<Tomcat_ha|laptop> sorry i wanted to be more outright ****ing hostile....
<Tomcat_ha|laptop> yes it is
<Tomcat_ha|laptop> dumb nut
<[TOC]Leviathan-> lol xD and i thought this was still for HL2
<Hunterhr> Soon to be for ArmA
<[TOC]Leviathan-> lol will this be a mod for everything ?
<Tomcat_ha|laptop> no
<[TOC]Leviathan-> ok
<[TOC]Leviathan-> thought it was Hl2 well im off then this isnt interesting anymore :|
* [TOC]Leviathan- has left #insurgency

for someone complaining about not funny quotes you post quite some ****ty quotes

Upvote 0
[13:45] <Bobdog|Darkside> woo, I'll have SH3 in a week or so!!! \o/
[13:46] * Bobdog|Darkside is going to play it in german
[13:46] <Wolfsglen> yikes!
[13:46] <Wolfsglen> crash cource
[13:46] <Wolfsglen> *course
[13:46] <Wolfsglen> mein u-boot ist kaputt
[13:46] <Wolfsglen> there, i win
[13:46] <Bobdog|Darkside> lol
[13:46] <Bobdog|Darkside> and I'm gonna install the grey wolves mod
[13:46] <Wolfsglen> im ready to rock the atlantic, biatches
[13:46] <Bobdog|Darkside> for more realism
[13:47] <Bobdog|Darkside> and I'll be able to sink the lusitania
[13:47] <Wolfsglen> lovely, heard good things about that
[13:47] <Bobdog|Darkside> (sp?)
[13:47] <Wolfsglen> sp is fine i believe
[13:47] <Bobdog|Darkside> and the hood
[13:47] <Wolfsglen> i had a grandfather on the hood D:
[13:47] <Bobdog|Darkside> and...uh..ge my ass blown up when I try to take out some ships on d day
[13:47] <Bobdog|Darkside> D:
[13:47] <Wolfsglen> he was a ****, sink it twice just to be sure
[13:47] <Bobdog|Darkside> lolol

Upvote 0
Posted about Crusher not my comments :D

<Crusher> http://pown.alluc.org/?uid=314
* darkimage has quit IRC (Read error: EOF from client)
<Crusher> nice fx
* ChanServ sets mode: +l 85
<Tomcat_ha|laptop> boobs
<+Ralfst3r> haha
<+Ralfst3r> awesome
<+Ralfst3r> omg BREAKING NEWS
<Tomcat_ha|laptop> !
<+Ralfst3r> Crusher actually posted something worth clicking
<@Wolfsglen> holy ****
* aiw|WoRm-ZZZzzz has joined #redorchestra
<@Wolfsglen> its irc quote time just for that alone
<+Ralfst3r> haha
<+Lonyo> LIES
<+Lonyo> lol wtf

Upvote 0
I was pretty tired so me and bobdog accidently solved the theory of the universe.
<Crusher> what's beyond the universe?
<Crusher> multiverse?
<Bobdog> nothingness
<Crusher> doesn't that qualify as universe?
<Bobdog> no
<Bobdog> it qualifies as nothing
<Crusher> but the universe is nothing, nothing with stars and stuff
<Bobdog> there's isnt a vaccum there
<Bobdog> there just isn't
<Crusher> no vaccum?
<Bobdog> no nothing
<Bobdog> there is
<Bobdog> *
<Bobdog> There isn't anything there
<Crusher> :eek:
<Bobdog> and there isn't nothing either
<Bobdog> it just does not exist
<Crusher> wow
<Crusher> you might be right
<Crusher> the universe is a sphere like earth, beyond the universe there is nohting
<Crusher> just " "
<Crusher> to explain it
<Crusher> you can't explain it
<Crusher> if you explain it you say there is somehting
<Crusher> while there isn't
<Crusher> you can't think of it
<Crusher> because there isn't anything to think about

Upvote 0
<ZoFreX> [01:18] *** Sithe ([email protected]) joined
<ZoFreX> [01:18] *** ChanServ sets channel #cogsbristol mode +oa Sithe Sithe
<ZoFreX> [01:18] *** Rainmaker was kicked from #cogsbristol by Sithe (Sithe)
<ZoFreX> [01:18] <&Sithe> YES
<ZoFreX> [01:18] <&Socaddict> and you moan at me when i kick himw ithout a reason
<ZoFreX> [01:19] <&Sithe> thats not "no reason"
<ZoFreX> [01:19] <&Socaddict> heh
<ZoFreX> [01:19] <&Sithe> thats my perform on connect

:D

and i dont care where this is from

its just

:D

Upvote 0
[21:36] <Bobdog|Darkside> alright
[21:36] <Bobdog|Darkside> who wants to get bobdog some food
[21:36] <GGAllin`LFC> all i remember from my local supermarket in liverpool was "no frills" brand
[21:36] <Pavel> ya here too at the walmart its all mesicans
[21:36] <GGAllin`LFC> **** that was just black and white packaging
[21:36] <GGAllin`LFC> funny stuff
[21:36] * POPWARBUNNY ([email protected]) has joined #redorchestra
[21:36] * _zer0 (~dyland_88@CPE0040f4b2d49b-CM001225422384.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #redorchestra
[21:36] <GGAllin`LFC> mexicans?
[21:37] <Lonyo> people from mexico...
[21:37] <Lonyo> :p
[21:37] * zer00 has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[21:37] <GGAllin`LFC> he said mesicans
[21:37] <GGAllin`LFC> ...
[21:37] <Lonyo> oh
[21:37] <Pavel> mesicans
[21:37] <Lonyo> im used to pavel not typing things correctly
[21:37] <Lonyo> so my brain does autocorrect
[21:37] <Pavel> rofl

Upvote 0
Correct spelling has been held up as a measure of literacy (or illiteracy). Those who have taken the same license as Shakespeare and spelled their name in a variety of ways have been labeled as nonstandard, or as character deficient.
That is not the only side effect that there has been: countless members of society have had their confidence eroded

Upvote 0
Correct spelling has been held up as a measure of literacy (or illiteracy). Those who have taken the same license as Shakespeare and spelled their name in a variety of ways have been labeled as nonstandard, or as character deficient.
That is not the only side effect that there has been: countless members of society have had their confidence eroded – and their writing and reading efforts dampened – by the trap of correct spelling. It isn’t too much to suggest that the obsession with standardization (and the punishment of nonstandard or “incorrect” forms) has contributed to ratings on illiteracy. With so mistakes to be made, some people are just too frightened to try to write or read. Yet these “mistakes” didn’t even exist in Shakespeare’s era.
Spelling has defiantly been used throughout the last century of print to make moral judgments about individuals and the state of society. It was not uncommon –prior to spellcheckers- to find that job applicants would be eliminated on the grounds of a spelling error, for example. To be unable to spell was a measure of ignorance; to neglect to look up a dictionary and find the correct form was considered a measure of carelessness, slothfulness and irresponsibility - all of which were disqualifications for the job.
The conventional wisdom now is that young people don’t spell as well as their parents; that computers and spellcheckers mean that they don’t keep the rules in their heads any more, but are content to access a computer program. This is fine, as far as most young people are concerned; they want to be able to do it, not to know it. But it is often taken as a sin of moral decadence by the older generation, rather than as evidence that the information medium is changing.
There are many reasons that standardization in spelling is not is not as important today; it’s partly because of spellcheckers that the same energy is not put into drilling the young to memorize all the rules. They simply don’t need to learn them off by heart any more, if they are working on a computer. But there is also a new flexibility associated with the electronic media which is at odds with the very idea of standardization and regulation.
Even where print appears on the screen, it is not fixed; it moves, it can be changed. There isn’t the same sense of a finished product, or a fixed meaning. Electronic “publications” have an air of fluidity, fleetingness, ephemeralness about them. Pluralism and diversity are much more the current values, than standardization.
So, for example when I come up with my own creative representations of words on chat rooms or my emails, those who I am contacting don’t think that I am ignorant or reprehensible. Neither the medium nor the form is seen as definitive or authoritative as the printed page used to be. Those who are connecting to my messages are likely to assume that I am not a good typist, or that there is not spellchecker on my email - if they notice my nonstandard offerings at all.
I have no doubt that they will not only work out what my message means, but that I will provide them with some entertainment in the process.
Besides, if there are people who do object, they have the solution close at hand. Let them use their own spellchecker to standardize the message. But it is their problem, not mine, if they cannot cope with the pluralism.
People spelled creatively before print, and no doubt they will again after the values and mindset of standardization have begun to recede. It could be that in the not-to-distant-future, when the population once again spells a word the way it sounds (as they work on their email or converse in a chat room), that scholars will look back on the print period, and standardization, as the aberration in communication. Then they will see mindlessness not in those who defied the spelling conventions, but in those who insisted that such arbitrary mechanics should ever have been committed to memory, and then used as a standard of worthiness.

my 2 cents

tl;dr

Upvote 0