• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Idea To Buff Survivalist

Wizard_Of_Odds

Sep 23, 2020
I think we need more survivalist weapons that can have better damage . The decent damage for the survivalist perk weapons makes up for it's damage passive which is 15%.

Important to note: I was told over and over that we shouldn't buff survivalist's passive because it would make most perks less useful in comparison with the same weapons it's using.

EXAMPLE: So imagine a Survivalist with a hemoclobber and it's very own weapon that does ok to decent damage to take down big zeds (again, because of survivalist passive it won't seem that op, it will still be less damage then other dps perks but not bad either). This will make survivalist still an all rounder perk because it's still forcing a survivalist player to play some of it's own weapons to have better damage while still being able to use other perk weapons mixed into it.

Because of survivalist has it's own weapons with good damage, it would give the developers a much better way to balance survivalist with the other perks if anything seems too broken or nerfed. Another words, It will make things less complicated to balance out.

Last edited:
As a Survivalist main that plays exclusively on Hell on Earth i'd like to say that surv doesn't need buffs (rather some nerfs in some areas) and he's perfectly viable. SWAT is more deserving of brainstorming.
Survivalist is good with it's survivability, there's no denying that, BUT (and this is a big but) Survivalist still lacks quite a bit of damage. In my opinion, survivalist should be a semi-dps perk where it can do okay damage but also be able to do other things like a real jack of all trade. It takes 4 rockets (sometimes 5) from an RPG to kill a fleshpound on 6p HOE. Not only is this time consuming to take down only 1 fleshpound in a fast paced game, but it also takes a crap ton of ammo. I main survivalist too and play mostly HOE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Survivalist is good with it's survivability, there's no denying that, BUT (and this is a big but) Survivalist still lacks quite a bit of damage. In my opinion, survivalist should be a semi-dps perk where it can do okay damage but also be able to do other things like a real jack of all trade. It takes 4 rockets (sometimes 5) from an RPG to kill a fleshpound on 6p HOE. Not only is this time consuming to take down only 1 fleshpound in a fast paced game, but it also takes a crap ton of ammo. I main survivalist too and play mostly HOE.
I don't agree. Let me start with saying that RPG is a bad weapon on Survivalist and i don't understand why so many people run it on surv. For straight forward big zed takedowns you can use the recent Frostfang (easy to pull of kills in addition to being an m4 with lower mag size), Railgun (which can destroy a Fleshpound in like 2 seconds on 6p hoe while upgraded), incision, kaboomstick etc.

What makes Survivalist fun personally is that the range of weapons that are able to kill big zeds increases the better your aim gets and the more you're willing to experiment. An extreme example: upgraded dual magnums will kill a fleshpound in one mag before he finishes his rage animation as long as you don't miss and can head-track. It's an unadvised strategy, but it's one more weapon to the collection of big zed killers. Also you have to consider mixing weapons with the various ways of incapacitation (freeze, stuns from weapons and Lockdown perk) and on top of that you have to keep in mind that not all teams need you to be a big zed killer. I think this is why Survivalist gets a bad rep, people are not willing to sit on test maps to find a cool weapon combo (which is understandable).

I'd like to touch on the jack of all trades thing. I have some friends i play endless with and the one loadout i've really come to enjoy is hemoclobber, med smg+2, SPX Centerfire+2 and a deagle+2. With it i'm working on the backline of our kite group, making sure nothing attacks my teammates who are focused on the frontline and warning people on bigger dangers. I can clear trash with the smg and deagle, and kill scrakes with SPX.
I can:
- assist the berserker with tanking or switch him if he dies with the hemoclobber,
- assist the medic or switch him if he dies with the med smg+hemoclobber
- assist the gunslinger or switch him if he dies with the SPX+deagle

Of course i won't be able to match their abillity but thats the nature of jack of all trades. The point i'm trying to make is that Killing Floor 2 is not a purely numbers game and that Survivalist is unique in that what he can do is not explained but rather it needs to be found by the player.

Upvote 0