• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Idea: Emotes

Crow72

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
United States, Arkansas
I think it would add a little personality to the game if we could add emotes, and I'm not talking little smileys over player's heads. I'm talking, character's flipping off specimens, doing short dances, saluting, things of this manner. I admit it's a pretty big job to tackle just to do these trivial animations but I would love to see this idea come to life. It could make RPG videos a little more...For lack of a better term, real. But I digress, what do you think?

Reactions: Benjamin
What? I was referring to the idea of taunts, not the game itself.

The original mod had taunts though. Eric was wondering if the original mod was out before TF2. You're missing the point or not reading posts above yours.

Lol this reminds me of the old Killing Floor mod
you could smack your a$$
point at the specimens, then motion to slit the throat
do a humping motion

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0
lol, everyone who has browsed through the old animation included with the new kf has thought about getting the taunts in. unfortunately you'd have to make new ones for the new models.
i think you can do this using umodel+actorximporter for 3dsmax, it includes the rigs on export/import.
someone who's good at it, can do the animations. then modify the main pawn.uc to add in the taunt commands.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol, everyone who has browsed through the old animation included with the new kf has thought about getting the taunts in. unfortunately you'd have to make new ones for the new models.
i think you can do this using umodel+actorximporter for 3dsmax, it includes the rigs on export/import.
someone who's good at it, can do the animations. then modify the main pawn.uc to add in the taunt commands.

I know someone who's "good at it", however he may or may not have the time to get round to getting it done.

I will ask though :)

Reactions: Crow72
Upvote 0