• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

new guns, rejoice guise :D

They could just make a katana and a longsword.

One is heaving, does more damage and has better reach.

The other is much quicker but has a shorter reach and does (marginally) less damage.

Also to nit pick, if either blade was going to chip, it would be the standard English long sword due to how the edge is honed. The edge of long swords have an edge shaped like an inward buckling V, leaving the edge without much support. Katanas have a wedge shaped edge that is much more durable.

Upvote 0
Also to nit pick, if either blade was going to chip, it would be the standard English long sword due to how the edge is honed. The edge of long swords have an edge shaped like an inward buckling V, leaving the edge without much support. Katanas have a wedge shaped edge that is much more durable.

I was just away to say that :)

The Japanese Katana was used for hundreds of years in battle and did a hell of a good job and the idea was to sever limbs and slice not like the broadsword claymore or longsword which cause massive blunt damage forcing the cut.

Still a Katana would be cool just to run around in wave 1 slicing heads off and that's what this game should be about simple boyish fun not realism as some people seem to be after surely that's what RO is for.

Also AK-47! cannot wait for this if it's going in for the commando as the bullpup is very very dull I reckon a P-90 or Mp5 would be much more fun and accurate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They could just make a katana and a longsword.

One is heaving, does more damage and has better reach.

The other is much quicker but has a shorter reach and does (marginally) less damage.

A chipped blade will still cut flesh. A broken katana will not be nearly as effective.

Ohh, idea: Maybe have the katana break when it cuts through a certain amount of Scrakes/Fleshpounds, and the stub of the blade will function as the Machete. Otherwise it has the range of the fire axe and slightly more power than the Machete.

Make the katana replace the Machete in the shop and add one more weight block to it.

Upvote 0
I would much rather have a blunt weapon like a sledgehammer or baseball bat than a katana. Either of those weapons would have a ton more utility than that thing.

Also, that grenade launcher would have just as much use with a Firebug since grenades they use set things on fire later on, but I'm sure they'll gift it to Support, which I still believe recieve too many things.

AK-47 I can't agree with either, it seems like they just went with "popular" things, they didn't go with anything interesting.

Upvote 0
Now that people mention it, there is a distinct lack of blunt force trauma in KF :p

A sledgehammer could be interesting. It could do a lot of damage, be slow, but be unable to decap. (Yes i know, you could probably decap if you hit someone hard enough in the side of the head, but it has to have something to set it apart from edged weapons.)

Also, chipped sword = more likely to break. I don't know where you're getting that katanas are fundamentally weaker than a long sword....they are pretty much all around a more durable weapon. (Better edge design, a strong backbone.) Long swords are bigger and leave nastier wounds...but they aren't more durable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
KF definitely needs some more guns, I've been dying to see a large selection of guns for KF. The Ak and m79 are wonderful but the katana... just doesn't fit with zombies.. it makes it seem like a Zombie Kill Bill movie lol but nice work, try adding some common weps maybe? Prolly m4, m16, or :Dmp5:D, a p90, an L85A2 + L85 LSW, Aug A3, g36 and hell.. why not just add a whole new perk while I'm at it? lol:eek: this all prolly sounds like nonsense, but the message is to add lots more guns!! Light machineguns definately pl0x!

Upvote 0
How can we be sure any of these will actually be used though?
The AK seems like it would function far too similarly to the Bullpup, though I could see it being a longer range weapon with less ammo; You can already throw grenades pretty far already and if the enemy is too far, there's the LAW; As for the Katana, it seems pointless since we have only just twice as many guns as melee weapons roughly, yet 5 times as many perks that use guns rather than melee weapons. As for the Beserker perk, Chainsaw > everything, so why bother? While they might be good ideas (or not so much with the katana imho) they aren''t really needed. Personally, I'd rather they added some kind of Auto-pistol or another Firebug weapon of some kind.

Upvote 0