• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
:)Hello to you all, players of Red Orchestra!:)
the [GCF] Team is pleased to announce the upcoming release of its new maps are 3 yet
"Boug_River 1941" -> type Handset map, based on the feats of arms of the first days of Operation Barbarossa (placing on the circuit on Sunday 11 January 2009)
"Letzten_Verteidigung" -> currently finishing (release soon)
"Military_Base" -> other card type combi, which is also being finished

You are all invited to come test these maps on our server (the server [GCF] Team # 2) on Friday January 24 2009 from 21h, a catch-up meeting will be scheduled on Saturday January 25 for those who don ' have not been able to connect on Friday

in the meantime, I will keep the information about our future and map their progress

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

:pBonjour

Last edited:
thanks for this correction of my german ^^

and 1 adittional note for all Ro players , the Map "BougRiver 1941" is running actually on our serveur [GCF]TEAM#2 24/7
And if you see some screenshots of this map , go on this page :
http://www.redorchestra.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3965

and if you do not want go on a french page , see that ^^
090113094710431406.jpg
090113093957195040.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Dark angel we havent lost our soul, but the ping from Europe to Australia is pretty high so when/if our local 50 pax server grabs your map (generally abouit Beta3) no im not an admin..I will gladly play it

I thank you for the work, I know personally how much goes in to making a half decent map, and dont lose faith.
The community is large and nothing seems to happen in under a month (map-wise)

Anyway will download your map(s) to my system and have a squizz :)

PS you might like to post links to either the server or a download site
i notice that you are not yet up on http://www.red.orchestra.pl
Contact BartBear_[PL] {Steam} and he will get your map up there as well

Cheers Sined

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd like to try the new map online as well, but you have to understand not everyone is available in numbers to join to test it.

Just as I am making a map for Mare Nostrum, I have to realize the fact that at this stage of the game's life, when finished my map isn't going to get the number of players now compared to if I decided to make one several years ago. It is something I accepted before I even started to create it.

best of luck with the map, hope to try it soon :)

Upvote 0
:) thank you for your messages of support and encouragement! :)

and if you're interested, the Map "BougRiver_1941" will soon be free DL on our web site "www.gcfteam.fr" section "download"
at:
"GCF-MAPS"

Again thank you to you (= GG = Mr Moe, Sined, 3dinf.Dave.CDN)

I continue to create maps, but more quietly by measuring the impact it could have ... and inform you of their availability to DL :D

Upvote 0
As a fellow map maker, it can be disheartening not to to see your own map being played on servers. However, it is also a fantastic feeling, when you do eventually see it. I have made Dukla Pass and Valienatos so far for the Carpathian Crosses mod. I am currently working on Ortona (Italy) for Mare Nostrum.

I cant say I have seen my maps on too many servers, but it doesnt really matter to me too much. I make the maps, because some passion inside me, drives me to make them. I will add your maps to a <AKA> Battlegrounds server tonight when I get home, and will give your map a run out. Hopefully a few of my fellow clan members will join in.

Dont lose heart. If your map is deserving of being a classic, people will soon start playing it. I had never previously heard of your maps, so a little bit of self promotion will help as well. Bartbear at Red Orchestra PL site - http://www.red.orchestra.pl/ is very helpful and will assist you in getting your map out there to a wider audience by uploading it to his site. Thats the first site I go to if I want to download a RO map.

Good luck with your efforts.

Upvote 0