new GCF maps

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[GCF]-Dark Angel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 11, 2009
Pau - France
:)Hello to you all, players of Red Orchestra!:)
the [GCF] Team is pleased to announce the upcoming release of its new maps are 3 yet
"Boug_River 1941" -> type Handset map, based on the feats of arms of the first days of Operation Barbarossa (placing on the circuit on Sunday 11 January 2009)
"Letzten_Verteidigung" -> currently finishing (release soon)
"Military_Base" -> other card type combi, which is also being finished

You are all invited to come test these maps on our server (the server [GCF] Team # 2) on Friday January 24 2009 from 21h, a catch-up meeting will be scheduled on Saturday January 25 for those who don ' have not been able to connect on Friday

in the meantime, I will keep the information about our future and map their progress

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

:pBonjour

Last edited:

Bommel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2007
Letzten Verteidigung is grammatically incorrect, it should be "Letzte Verteidigung" ->Last Defence. ;)

[GCF]-Dark Angel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 11, 2009
Pau - France
thanks for this correction of my german ^^

and 1 adittional note for all Ro players , the Map "BougRiver 1941" is running actually on our serveur [GCF]TEAM#2 24/7
And if you see some screenshots of this map , go on this page :
http://www.redorchestra.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3965

and if you do not want go on a french page , see that ^^

Last edited:

[GCF]-Dark Angel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 11, 2009
Pau - France
a little reminder to let you know that the official launch of the map RO-BougRiver_1941 takes place tomorrow (Friday January 23) a 21.00 on the server [GCF]TEAM # 2
2 versions will be a test, the original version and beta_2 (following proposed changes to the 1st players have tested)

and normally, a video will be shot during the evening ...

[GCF]-Dark Angel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 11, 2009
Pau - France
:(:mad: failure of the evening ... to launch the 2nd time! :mad::(
So I conclude this post to say that the RO community had lost his soul and that's disappointing!
For my part, I stop trying to bring new sets for this game because no one is interested

Blimey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 3, 2007
Montreal,Canada
I think its great that you wish to introduce new maps to RO, I will try and log over the weekend [24th-25th] and have a look at your maps. I tried tonight, but the maps where not there :( ...hope to see them tomorrow.

Sined

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 22, 2007
Australia
Hey Dark angel we havent lost our soul, but the ping from Europe to Australia is pretty high so when/if our local 50 pax server grabs your map (generally abouit Beta3) no im not an admin..I will gladly play it

I thank you for the work, I know personally how much goes in to making a half decent map, and dont lose faith.
The community is large and nothing seems to happen in under a month (map-wise)

Anyway will download your map(s) to my system and have a squizz :)

PS you might like to post links to either the server or a download site
i notice that you are not yet up on http://www.red.orchestra.pl
Contact BartBear_[PL] {Steam} and he will get your map up there as well

Cheers Sined

Last edited:

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
I'd like to try the new map online as well, but you have to understand not everyone is available in numbers to join to test it.

Just as I am making a map for Mare Nostrum, I have to realize the fact that at this stage of the game's life, when finished my map isn't going to get the number of players now compared to if I decided to make one several years ago. It is something I accepted before I even started to create it.

best of luck with the map, hope to try it soon :)

[GCF]-Dark Angel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 11, 2009
Pau - France
:) thank you for your messages of support and encouragement! :)

and if you're interested, the Map "BougRiver_1941" will soon be free DL on our web site "www.gcfteam.fr" section "download"
at:
"GCF-MAPS"

Again thank you to you (= GG = Mr Moe, Sined, 3dinf.Dave.CDN)

I continue to create maps, but more quietly by measuring the impact it could have ... and inform you of their availability to DL :D

{FKR}jeremyism

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2007
Hey please don't get discouraged, your work is awesome, it just takes time for changes to get on servers, and for people to discover new maps! Thanks for the effort you are putting in, it is definitely appreciated!

Jeremy

Ricky(SCO)

FNG / Fresh Meat
As a fellow map maker, it can be disheartening not to to see your own map being played on servers. However, it is also a fantastic feeling, when you do eventually see it. I have made Dukla Pass and Valienatos so far for the Carpathian Crosses mod. I am currently working on Ortona (Italy) for Mare Nostrum.

I cant say I have seen my maps on too many servers, but it doesnt really matter to me too much. I make the maps, because some passion inside me, drives me to make them. I will add your maps to a <AKA> Battlegrounds server tonight when I get home, and will give your map a run out. Hopefully a few of my fellow clan members will join in.

Dont lose heart. If your map is deserving of being a classic, people will soon start playing it. I had never previously heard of your maps, so a little bit of self promotion will help as well. Bartbear at Red Orchestra PL site - http://www.red.orchestra.pl/ is very helpful and will assist you in getting your map out there to a wider audience by uploading it to his site. Thats the first site I go to if I want to download a RO map.

Good luck with your efforts.

TWB*JimMiller

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 15, 2008
If it makes you feel any better, I have made several maps myself. All but one have been scraped because they where awful.

2fisted

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2006
MN usa
Good luck Dark Angel, I hope to try out all of your maps asap.
Just remember there are a few great maps that just don't get used often, then boom... folks are playing them often. It's a bit of a crap shoot too.

imo