• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Gamemode

Wizard_Of_Odds

Sep 23, 2020
Need a new game mode. Some players stopped playing the game cause they get bored of the same thing, so I was thinking of a really cool game mode that players would spend thousands of hours on something that would really make a great impact in the game and make a huge change.

I present you a game mode where you defend a fortress from a wave of zeds (Kind of like Mann VS Machine on Team Fortress 2). You will have to prevent the enemies from bombing the fortress when it reaches a certain destination, they can only come from one direction (or two the most).

Traps should be added into it as well (but costs dosh to activate so spend your money wisely) and upgrades to able to buy perks to benefit the individual to perform better. but of course enemies will be tougher to kill and everyone will have to work as a team and use strategy to defend the fortress.

Having a game mode like this, I could see everyone playing.

Eh... That's pretty much "defend the zone" with a bit of tweaks. Making it last the whole game doesn't make for something truly new. And traps are already present in some maps, so that's not new either.

As for upgrades, yeah that would be neat. But considering they never bothered to touch the upgrade system ever since it was implemented, I don't know if it would feel very complex and rewarding y'know.

Upvote 0
Eh... That's pretty much "defend the zone" with a bit of tweaks. Making it last the whole game doesn't make for something truly new. And traps are already present in some maps, so that's not new either.

As for upgrades, yeah that would be neat. But considering they never bothered to touch the upgrade system ever since it was implemented, I don't know if it would feel very complex and rewarding y'know.
It may sound a little bit similar but you have to prevent the fortress from being bombed, another thing is they only can come in two directions to reach the destination point to blow up the fortress and with upgraded systems so it isn't too similar if you think about it. But I get your point at some degree.

Upvote 0