• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New DLC charecters! [Merged]

This has already been stated in the Steam forums but I'll re-post it here because it needs attention. Devs should add proper hand / sleeve skins in a future patch for the DLC chars. You still get the soldier sleeve / hand with the fingerless glove when you choose Agent Wilkes for example.

Upvote 0
This has already been stated in the Steam forums but I'll re-post it here because it needs attention. Devs should add proper hand / sleeve skins in a future patch for the DLC chars. You still get the soldier sleeve / hand with the fingerless glove when you choose Agent Wilkes for example.

Wilkes' sleeves and hands are not the Soldier sleeve-hands. They're in black-grey digi-camo, not the green-black forest camo the soldiers got.

But yeah, TWI should totally implement custom hand models instead of just custom textures for a skin's hands. I'd like to see the soldier's First Person hands match their World model hands (full black gloves) as much as I'd like to see Wilves with proper armored sleeves.

Actually that reminds me, what's Glover's arms look like in First Person? He get the sleeves-and-fingergloves treatment too?

Upvote 0
I love the new models! Wilkes kicks so much ***! I really don't play as anyone else anymore :D

Anyways I think the armor is a nice shoutout to a bunch of other armors from pop culture and history. See attached images from Troy. Note the overlapping shoulder straps/plates/whatever and the sculpted chest. Crotchplate looks like a metal version of what the 300 guys wear (don't wear? :p). Arms and legs are armored up to the elbow/knee respectively just like the Greeks did and look fairly similar to boot.

The head looks like a combination of Vader's helmet (in turn based on old samurai helmets) and the Predator mask. I will assume everyone knows what Darth Vader looks like, but here's the predator mask. [Edit] To clarify, it's the helmet part from Vader's helmet (eyes up, minus the facemask) put with the facemask part of the predator mask (bottom half, eyes down).

Combine with standard issue soldier shirt and pants and we have one hell of a homage :D

Attachments

• troy_achilles_brad_pitt.jpg
    troy_achilles_brad_pitt.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
  • troy4.jpg
    troy4.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 012408predator.jpg
    012408predator.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally, I think Wilkes looks heavily Jin-Roh inspired.

See:
jinroh00.jpg

All he's missing is the heavy machine gun, breathing tube attatched to the mask and glowing red eyes. :D

Upvote 0