• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New DLC charecters! [Merged]

the hazmat guy was interesting.

the others are kind of silly, no offense. i'm torn on the dj guy. yes civilians would be involved, but what's with the skull mask and that weird hat? the guy with the welding mask i'm neutral towards. he looks silly but it makes sense that someone might use that to protect himself.

for new characters, what do you think about civilians with older style(or civilian) gas masks? how about females? and it's very likely that first responders will include firefighters and emt personnel. that to me makes more sense than a foundry worker.

the prototype armor guy looks downright silly imo. mainly because he doesn't look real. he looks straight out of resident evil or something. the prototype armor guy should have looked more like:

riot-police_9-2-08.jpg

closer to reality.

also, the game is missing the token black guy in the team(not just the trader). i have 2 design ideas for this. first, iif he's an office worker, he should have a tan suit and a biker helmet. if he's a chav, he should have a do rag on his head, tattoos stretching across his arm, and baggy, oversized shorts and t shirt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow 213, it sounds like you'd better get crackin on your own version of KF.

Seriously. You're complaining about realism in a game with mutated humanoids, a guy with tentacles, rocket launcher and machine gun?

How many cool things have actually ever looked 'real'? You've got your realism in the default character skins. Do you think the katana isn't real enough to be cool?

Token black guy, female...sure. But you must have head trauma if you don't think the Horizon security guard doesn't look cool.

Upvote 0
imo, he looks derived. i don't want to sound harsh, but his design is cliched. reminds me of 80s robots...ie, robocop, jinroh, and a lot of others.

i'm one of those people who can't really appreciate the product of imagination unless it makes sense in a certain context. the angular metallic armor that conforms to the shape of the pectoral muscle is aesthetically displeasing to me.

if the game started with fantasy-like characters, then i wouldn't have said anything, but the prototype armor guy is really "out there"(right expression?) compared to the others.

edit: i think it might be due to my inability to reference pectoral muscle conforming metallic armors to its real life counterpart because it doesn't remotely resemble anything i've seen used in real life. to those saying the game is far from real life, etc. i agree, and it should remain so. but then again it lacks fantasy elements, and it should remain that way as well. the prototype armor borders between plausible sci-fi and outright fantasy. imo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It sounds like you've got ultra-specific tastes, which means you probably don't reflect a majority of people here.

edit: i think it might be due to my inability to reference pectoral muscle conforming metallic armors to its real life counterpart because it doesn't remotely resemble anything i've seen used in real life.

Sounds like a personal problem.

to those saying the game is far from real life, etc. i agree, and it should remain so. but then again it lacks fantasy elements, and it should remain that way as well. the prototype armor borders between plausible sci-fi and outright fantasy

Again. Guy with rocket launcher and tentacles? Oversized dude with rotating spikey cuffs and traffic lights? Chicks that turn invisible? Chicks that scream huge red orbs of death?

We're firmly in fantasy land and have been. The only thing about the prototype armor is that it looks slicker and more futuristic than most other things. Perhaps that's why they called it prototype.

Upvote 0
I'm going to buy that to !

the truth is i dont really mind about the characters.. still going to be nice i have them and stuff..

but the main reason i buy em is to support Tripwire, i do love the work they do more than other games that i see.

i specially like them because of the weapons they got.. i never saw a game with such a good feeling with weapons, except FarCry2.

Thank you Tripwire!

Upvote 0
Well its official now, those 4 extra characters are dlc.

It's been official ever since the announcement came out several days to a week ago.

A little slow on the uptake?

Anyway, I just bought the character pack. I'm not even sure if I'll use them yet, but I wanted to support Tripwire. I'm gonna go play now and see how they look.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
People have made the same comment about DJ Skully. Frankly, if they'd made all the skins closer to the originals, they wouldn't have been as interesting. New skins is a chance to do something different. I still don't see how he's out of place personally. He lacks a little bit of the grittiness of the others. But there's nothing wrong with variety and it's still within the theme of KF. It's just a model of a faction we haven't seen up until now.

Upvote 0
I got the characters myself. They all looked interesting to me, and it was cheap and I felt like supporting the game because it's awesome.

My favorite's Wilkes. I think he fits perfectly (I'm unsure whether he's supposed to be a Horzine soldier or he's supposed to be someone who was investigating Horzine and jacked the armor on his way out when hell broke loose - the "Agent" part throws me off a bit). Any prototype armor should look significantly different from conventional body armors - especially from a corporation like Horzine, which clearly has some rather ...out there ideas.

Plus it's really freaking menacing looking. Horzine's Security Detail should look as nasty as the horrific genetic aberations they were trained to contain, no?

My second favorite is Skully, who's got a style of his own (to be expected of a DJ and one of the few proper civillians in the game, heh!). Aldridge and Garry I plan on using for when I level up Support and Firebug (who but the guy with the welder-mask for a class that excells in welding, eh? And hazmat suit + flamethrower just seems to make so much sense...)

Upvote 0
The argument about realism is rather moot when there seems to be no women survivors/characters for the picking, not to mention having several people running around as the same character.
Away from your computer is realism.

Three of the characters are rather unique. It's nice seeing choices outside of the police force and military.

Woo Foundry Worker Aldridge!

Upvote 0
I'm really digging the Horzine soldier, I know a lot of people will use him but there's a reason for that. Reminds me a lot of Ghost in the Shell/Akira. 80's/ 90's retro anime almost. I didn't even think of using the Katana before now but I think his character really suits it. Of course it's cliched and kinda corny to an extent, but it is cool.

I'm impressed with the other models too, they really are awesome. My gf keeps switching between the DJ and the Hazmat guy.

Those riot police are certainly cool though. That's the kind of thing which inspires models such as the Horzine armour.

Plus the variety is a nice touch, they're not just reskinned soldiers.

Upvote 0