• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New DLC charecters! [Merged]

Dlc twi ??

Dlc twi ??

Updates to Killing Floor have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Additions
  • Added 4 new Characters as a purchasable DLC pack available via the Steam Store
  • Added new animations for the specimens busting down doors
  • Implemented a faster Quick Heal system
  • Updated the Door Welded display
  • Updated Mutator and Map White Lists(see Killing Floor forums at forums.tripwireinteractive.com for more details)
Fixes
  • Fixed the Chainsaw blade not moving, and sleeves not appearing right on the Chainsaw
  • Fixed the issue with the player going to an idle animation after firing a weapon, which made the player look stiff
  • Fixed bug where specimens would stand at a door waiting to bust down a door
  • Fixed specimens not playing a movement animation after breaking down a door
  • Fixed Map White List retaining old Pass/Fail status from previous map
  • Fixed the Hunting Shotgun's unlimited ammo bug
  • Removed Stats Icon from servers that are currently on a non white listed map
---------------------

Well its official now, those 4 extra characters are dlc.

Now when i saw the steam downloading tag i nearly shat myself with joy, the ak-47, katana and m79 thumper were about to be MINE! instead I met the sad sight of this update, a few bug fixes and some DLC. hooah for bug fixes but i personally though TWI was a company that would never touch DLC, before i blew my headgasket i guessed i should atleast see what this DLC would run me; the answer 1.99$. which is all that bad, 2 dollars for 4 characters, means your paying 50 cents each, that isnt exactly rear end enlarging. It does however look like one of the characters is wearing a special suit of body armour (read steam page), is this just for show, or does it actually offer better protection? as much as i begrudge any company to produce DLC, Il really loose respect for them when DLC is anything more then aesthetic.
So what are the views of everyone else here, Im sure some people are probably a bit miffed, the few other threads about these characters ,before it became official they were DLC, had many people saying things like "twi would never give us DLC, never!".

Upvote 0
Just a suggestion: TWI, release some nice promo shots of the characters. They're REALLY different than the normal "Soldier" skins and getting some exposure for 'em out there would really encourage folks to take a look at 'em. I knew I'd get it as soon as I saw the 'armor' skin in-game!

The update is nice too...the chainsaw looks absolutely beastly now...

Upvote 0
I really like the soldier guy until my gf said he had boobs... I disagree but she wants the Biohazard suit guy so whatever, that's $4 from both of us.

I've had bad experience with DLC, mainly from EA, but this is the way to do it. Purely aesthetic and doesn't impact gameplay at all, completely optional but pretty awesome.

Upvote 0