• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Class idea Steampunk

SkylerK314

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 26, 2022
I think it would be cool to have some sort of steampunk class. maybe just some sort of class thats focused on elemental weapons and aoe and thrower type weapons. The grenade could be emp and give berserker the nail grenade back (?). I was thinking of a weapon like the healthrower where it just shoots steam at the zeds and launches them. Some good skills like 60 % resistance to bile and poison damage to combat the damage types respectable enemies. Another one could be something to do with bonus damage to stunned enemies. Surrounding a new class with unique abilities like this could be a great opportunity for a fun class. I have so mamy random ideas that could be used for a whole 'nother class. Maybe a few good ones for berserker 🤔 how would a 4-barreled shotgun shooting big Bolts 🔩 at enemies sound?

If the current state of the Firebug, Medic and Demo classes are to be trusted, perks based around a "theme" rather than a role simply don't work. You end up with a mish-mash of whatever weapon you think of, just tweaked to fit a certain perk. Why bother coming up with a fitting theme for the firebug when you can just slap some incendiary rounds and call it a day? I really don't find it interesting.

The zerk was supposedly made to be the "tinkerer" perk, having homemade weaponry, but they quickly backtracked and realized it was better to make it a purely melee perk... Well, at least up until they released the Teslauncher, which still baffles me. Just as I don't get with the Vlad stayed there instead of going back to the support perk and the support alone.

As for your idea about elemental weapons well... Isn't that what the Survivalist is doing already? I expressed a few times that I would have loved a proper "scientist" perk (instead of the survivalist), based around supporting the team just like the medic does, but with buffs/debuffs instead of healing. I think that would be better than a "steampunk" one.

Upvote 0