• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Character Suggestions

Which of these characters would you like to see? (Pick 3)

• Otaku/Weeb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Politician

• Jaded Medic

• Glamrocker

• Lockhart (PULL THE LEVER)

• HI, BILLY MAYS HERE-

• Total voters

The Blank King

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 16, 2021
So in the "State of the Game" survey I saw that there were a few sections on adding "new characters" to the game and I immediately prioritized checking those off over basically anything else. I even had to check off "new weapons" since I knew those were going to be added anyways. I've been playing as the same cast of characters for a LOOOOONG ass time now and I would really, REALLY love some new ones to add to the cast. I'm not going to go too deep into each idea, but I wanted to just spitball some basic character ideas and see if anyone jumps on them.

Also while I'm not going to go into gender too much in this, I would really love to see some new female characters. Mrs. Foster is a sweetheart but Ana and Rae have just never ticked any boxes with me. I play them from time to time just so I can play a girl but their personalities just don't register with me much. If one I think would be particularly good for a female role I will make mention of it.

Also if you don't feel like reading all this that's cool, you can just read the titles and make an inference on what you'd like from there.

1. Other Soldiers: The most basic thing we could add is more soldier characters from different regions of the world. We got a good brittish soldier and Anton is a SPECTACULAR German soldier, but we could add more! Some HOO-HA hot blooded American soldier, an honorable Japanese soldier, a thick Russian, someone from Vietnam even! Get some more diversity in here and some more people with different war backgrounds to liven the battlefield up! A female soldier would also be great instead of the constant artist-types we get (Photographer, Musician, Banker if you count that)

2. Scientist: We have a lot of scientific minds as announcers, but not as playable characters. Strange, right? Well we could fix that! Lets get a poindexter in here to bore the other characters to tears with their expansive knowledge on zeds that has a bunch of know-it-all unique dialogue when they buy HRG weapons and how they helped developed them/the inspiration behind them. Again, girl would be cool, but we could also get Dr. Glover in here to make a return! I would love that.

3. Otaku/Weeb: While some cute otaku girl would be cool, this is the one character I would prefer if they were a some fedora-tipping otaku guy. Give him a pot-belly, a neckbeard, some character-unique tacky glasses and a mired of stupid anime quotes and you'll have a new fan favorite in moments. This is the sort of character I hope has like 200 different cringe-worthy quotes when they buy and use the Katana and rival Hayoto in terms of obnoxious delusional dialogue (but instead of an action star fighting demons, it's an anime protag fighting goblins or something).

4. Nun: I dunno just give Revered Alberts a female counter-part to kill zeds with, that'd be fun. Nuns are rad.

5. Politician: For the love of god do not make them from any specific real-world party, just say they're from some state and have them just be a general idiot who doesn't understand the plights of the common folk. Just some big moaner stuck in this situation with no way out who thought killing zeds would be easy but ended up screaming their head off and regretting every single choice they've ever made the moment they were put on the battlefield. Have him ask others to vote for them when they heal/give them dosh, have them scream like a coward when in any trouble, have healing just be an expectation from others and be peeved when they need to heal themselves, etc.

6. Jaded Medic: Someone with a medical background, perhaps with Horizine themselves, but has been through so many bad teams they just expect this one to flop over dead as well with them as the sole survivor AGAIN. They can easily be a Field Medic and have more dialogue for those, but they don't have to JUST be "a medic character", just someone who has been one in the past but is now DONE with their ally's crap. Their character essence is "you better not die, please stick together, do not do anything stupid, please lets just get through this, I am having a bad day please for the love of god DO NOT CHARGE IN ALONE" and they're going to resonate with 90% of the community. They'll be a star, I just know it.

7. Wizard: Just have some loony who thinks their a wizard and pretends shooting guns is casting spells. They're not a real wizard, obviously, but I'm sure some people will have a chuckle when they scream "MAGIC MISSLE" while firing an RPG-7 into a Skrake's head, or "FIREBOLT" when shooting the husk cannon.

8. Glamrocker: Rae is a good rockabilly, but what I'm thinking is some David Bowie wannabe with several varieties of insane facepaint and insane clothing. FNAF Security Breach proved people still love Glamrock so why not capitalize on it? Maybe even add some sort of arcady-mall map with their intro, that could be a lot of fun! Malls are fun and shopping spree doesn't need to be the only one around.

9. Lockhart: You know that guy who narrates Airship and Steam Fortress? Yeah I wanna play as that guy. PULL THE LEVER-LEAVER!!!

10. Host: Not a parasitic host, I mean something far worse. Someone trying to sell you something or someone on a game show. Big, hammy energy announcing everything everyone does and advertising whatever DLC weapon he's using. If people don't want to shoot him as badly as they want to buy their crap by the end of the game, he's not doing his job right. Basically channel Billy Mays, Phil Swift, and Steve Harvey and I'm sure we'll come up with a winner.

That's it for now! I'll put up a poll if any of these seem interesting and you can recommend other ideas in the comments. Thank you for reading!