• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New boss/New difficulty/New cosmetics.

Ghats

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2020
Ah, yes. Bosses. Some are easy, some are hard. But I think there should be a new boss.
Siren queen
This boss is like a king fleshpound, but it's a siren. Its abilities:
Constantly screaming, so projectiles won't be affective at all.
At 20% health lost, summons 5 normal sirens to it's aid.
At 50% health, it gets angry and moves faster and does more damage. It's scream radius also increases.
At 70% health, it creates a sonic barrier. Since it's a boss, it not only makes projectiles ineffective but it has a slight chance for bullets to not work. Along with this, it screams super loud every so often covering a majority of the map.
And finally at 90% health it's scream radius increases again and damage increases.

Next up is the new mode, Inferno of hell.

This mode would be very hard even for the seasoned vetrans of the game.
Zeds health increase a lot (A scrake in this mode is like a fleshpound but slightly stronger in health.)
There are no drops, and they also increase in numbers. By wave 10 you would have around 80.
To make things worse, rioters have a 20% bonus.

And last, the new gear.
Fleshpound core.
There are 2 different types, neutral and enraged. These of course have their precious version.

Reactions: Zedschlachter
Meh... I feel the trope "zed, except it's a boss" already grew old with the addition of the Abomination. I don't think we need another. Or if we truly need a new one...I'd rather have a Spider Queen (Spider Mastermind...eh!) than a siren. Mostly because it's the bane of my existence tho

Inferno of Hell doesn't really feel like a new mode at all... It could simply be an even harder "Hell on Earth". After all, every difficulty already increases zeds' health and numbers. Only the lack of drops would truly bring something new. And to that I say : why not? But I don't think it's worth adding a new mode.

For the two gears, I wouldn't mind them. I mean... It doesn't hurt obviously. I don't think I'd wear them, but why not.

Upvote 0
I liked the idea of having new bosses, like the Queen Siren or even a King Husk. But first I think they must work in balancing the current bosses, especially the Abomination which is the most easy and weak boss, even at HoE is kinda ridiculous facing him. Me and my squad always find an easy win against the Abomination, the other bosses I think they actually work well.

The new difficult mode I didn't think it would actually be a worthy thing, HoE is already challenging for some players, without a decent squad and loadout, it gets really hard to make it through. At least it's my idea.

Upvote 0
I really don't know how most of you find the Abomination so easy... It's actually one of the bosses that kills me the most, even if it got nerfed in the past updates. Only the Patriarch gives me more trouble.

But even if we agree that it might come from personal experience, I think we can agree than the King Fleshpound is even worse. Doesn't do much damage, stupidly easy against a team (less so alone), poor ranged attacks... Hell, even the quarterpounders are mediocre bodyguards.

Upvote 0
Some people did, but I honestly think that schtick is already over-done.

I mean...At least the Abomination feels like a true boss. The King Fleshpound is merely a tankier FP. He's so easy to take down I almost feel bad for him. And his design is quite boring as well.

So that doesn't bode well for a King Scrake...Unless you have some ideas in mind to make him a reality?

Upvote 0