• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New AMD/ATI drivers

BL4Z3>FAS>

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 13, 2005
Just Downloaded & tested newest AMD drivers for my 6950 card , Its been a while since i checked but I just cycled through most of the maps (Vsync is ON ) & Im getting a pretty solid 60 fps on a mix of med/high settings , i didnt see anything outstanding in the release notes but it seems to run with higher fps now ,....Im not seeing those wild dips into the 40's anymore yet , so you may want to update & see.

i don't know what had more impact on improved performance, because i kind of simultaneously installed the last patch and the new driver. doesn't matter - got frames! :D i also play on a mix of high/med settings with textures on ultra. i even dared to play on a 64 slot server, and the performance was good (40-60fps). the pings not so much, varying from 90-150. how the hell should i know if i have to aim 1m or 3m ahead of a running target?. it's hard to aim properly with a bolt action rifle like this, but full auto weapons worked well.
at least i got the "how i learned to love the bomb" achievement in the gullies of spartanovka, that would have been hard on a 40 slot server. good news is the performance issues are ironed out mostly, the random stutters on station are gone, too.

Upvote 0
Why not try the 11.11b performance driver?

[url]http://www2.ati.com/drivers/hotfix/catalyst_11.11_hotfixes/amd_catalyst_11.11b_windows_vista_7.exe[/URL]

This is a beta driver that will become WHQL in the near future, you can try it out and see if it helps. It gives more perf for BF3 and Skyrim says the releasenotes.

The performance patch for Skyrim is just disabling crossfirex in order to prevent some performance bugs that not everyone has. So it might not be wise to upgrade to that version in combination with Skyrim.

Upvote 0
The performance patch for Skyrim is just disabling crossfirex in order to prevent some performance bugs that not everyone has. So it might not be wise to upgrade to that version in combination with Skyrim.

No it is not, try reading the release notes correctly

New in Catalyst 11.11b:

Delivers AMD CrossfireX performance scaling for (Elder Scrolls Skyrim and Assassin

Upvote 0
Nice! Thanks for posting this.

On another note, you wouldn't happen to be the same Blaze from the Skullz clan back in the day, about 11-12 years ago? My god...I'm so old :(

No must be another ,....Its always weird how some see improvements from different things & others dont , I have something called the amd vision control center that comes with my drivers that I set to automatically check for updates , I believe steam under the steam tab will check for newest drivers too ,..although i've never used that so I dont know how reliable it is,...

Upvote 0